Author Topic: [suggestion][player] End of level jingle should count as music not a sfx  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
This is SUPER minor, but the end of level jingle is counted as a sound effect in terms of muting rather than music. I think it's more suited to counting as music because it's longer that other sfx and a tune. I always have my own music on (I listen to A LOT) when I play lemmings so I keep music muted and the end of level music tends to disrupt it.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [suggestion][player] End of level jingle should count as music not a sfx
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 05:27:45 PM »
This is a valid point, but due to that they're often-used, and that anything considered a "music" is loaded only when being used and can only have one loaded at a time (whereas sound effects are loaded in advance and kept in memory, and can be any number of them in memory), treating them as sound effects works much better from a coding point of view.

With that being said - on the Config Menu there are options to turn them off altogether, seperately from turning off regular sounds or musics.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
Re: [suggestion][player] End of level jingle should count as music not a sfx
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 05:30:15 PM »
OH!! I never noticed those options before :XD:
Well there's my problem fixed haha