Author Topic: Past NeoLemmix Versions / New NeoLemmix Website  (Read 3647 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Past NeoLemmix Versions / New NeoLemmix Website
« on: January 30, 2017, 04:41:36 PM »
I'm working on a new NeoLemmix website, one feature of which is that it'll have many of the past versions available for download.

It's still a work in progress, so expect many of the non-download links to be broken! It'll replace the existing site once it's ready.

In the meantime though, you can use it to get past versions of NL easily:
NeoLemmix Engine: http://new.neolemmix.com/?page=download_list&program=16
NeoLemmix Editor: http://new.neolemmix.com/?page=download_list&program=17
Flexi Toolkit: http://new.neolemmix.com/?page=download_list&program=18
GSTool: http://new.neolemmix.com/?page=download_list&program=19

Just thought I'd put this here in case anyone needed an easy way to find older versions. :)

Unfortunately I don't have too many of the older versions of the editor / GSTool easily available, but there are most of the major old versions of NL and Flexi there. And all future versions - or at least major ones (I'll probably remove the old versions in cases where an otherwise-identical hotfix update is released) - will remain there. :)

Remaining todos before new site can properly go live:
- Level lists / images
- File format specifications: (Levels) (Graphic sets) (System.dat) (Talisman.dat) (Replays)
- Flexi Tutorial
- GSTool Tutorial (none exists yet so I need to make one)
- Downloadable graphics for Flexi
- Lemmix stuff
- Section for deprecated apps

Longer-term todos:
- Level pack database
- Allow user uploads of graphic sets (I'm probably not going to do this one until the new-formats version of NeoLemmix goes live)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:36:14 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Past NeoLemmix Versions
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 02:12:08 AM »
On this note, if anyone has copies of these editor versions (in the original ZIP files), let me know - unlike the Player or Flexi, the editor has a lot of supporting files and the exact ones can't be dug up as easily, meaning I can't just recompile old versions from source code and get them exactly correct.

> V1.47n
> V1.48n-B
> V10.010.010
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Past NeoLemmix Versions / New NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 03:03:56 PM »
New site is coming along nicely now. The only link that should be broken is the link to the Flexi Toolkit Tutorial; I haven't brought that over to the new site yet. This new site is also now serving the update check and style download features in NeoLemmix (the old URL "online.neolemmix.com" is redirecting to "new.neolemmix.com", and the information files given - while now auto-generated - are completely compatible with the format the existing NeoLemmix versions expect).

There's still a lot of stuff that needs to be added though, such as the deprecated apps and the level lists with images for my packs (there's links to where these should be, but they don't currently function). I also need to look at what content I've currently got hosted for other people on neolemmix.com and make sure that gets moved over to the new site too. But this site should be ready to go live within a few days at most. :D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 04:29:31 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline bsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 04:25:15 PM »
I have zip files for editors 1.47n and 10.010.010.  10.010.010 attached this post.

Offline bsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 04:27:25 PM »
And 1.47n this post.  I don't think I ever downloaded anything from the 1.48 generation

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 04:31:32 PM »
Thanks! V1.48n-B didn't need to be listed actually, as V10.010.XXX and V1.48 are the same "generation". I was just semi-asleep at the time I made that post so I overlooked this.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 07:47:08 AM »
Level images are now live on the new site. This also now includes for the official games (and MazuLems), not just for my packs. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 12:05:10 PM »
Given that the site is almost ready to go live, and most of the remaining stuff is relatively minor, I figured that as long as the old site is left accessible in some form, it's okay to make the new one go live.

The new site will be live at http://www.neolemmix.com/ later tonight.
The old site is accessible (now) at http://www.neolemmix.com/old/

I've run a bit of MySQL magic that should update all existing links on the forums to "neolemmix.com/*" to refer to "neolemmix.com/old/*", but be aware that you may still encounter some broken ones in places. If you do, try inserting the "old/" into it manually and it should work.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 01:05:02 PM »
The new site is now live. Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the site itself, or with the update check or style downloads in NeoLemmix (and related apps).
My Lemmings projects

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 01:53:46 PM »
The new site is now live. Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the site itself, or with the update check or style downloads in NeoLemmix (and related apps).

It seems that the links for some of the file formats doesn't work. Are you already aware of that?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 03:23:02 PM »
Yes; that section is still a work in progress. The information (although slightly outdated) is available on the old site in the meantime.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 04:06:26 PM »
Made some improvements to the Level Lists today! :D

http://www.neolemmix.com/?page=levels&game=24&rank=all

Note that while it's supported for any pack that has a level list, I've only so far uploaded the data for Lemmings Plus V and Lemmings Plus Omega II. (EDIT: I've now uploaded it for all packs that have their levels listed on the site (ie: all my packs, the official game conversions, and MazuLems).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:30:50 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects