Author Topic: [CONTENT]Checking if this change to Pillar set was intentional  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
[CONTENT]Checking if this change to Pillar set was intentional
« on: October 14, 2016, 07:22:44 PM »
I know the trigger area for the spike object in Pillar is/was weird. I noticed that in the newest version of the set, the object was changed to be half the size, and the full sized one added to the end. I haven't compared trigger areas at this time.

Since this makes older content look different (I'm unsure how it affects function), I wanted to check if the visual change brought to older content was intentional before I bring the changes to the Genesis version of the set.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [CONTENT]Checking if this change to Pillar set was intentional
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 07:41:25 PM »
This was an intentional change, see the discussion in [SUGGESTION] [PLAYER/EDITOR] Pillar Set Spike Trap.

I noticed that in the newest version of the set, the object was changed to be half the size, and the full sized one added to the end. I haven't compared trigger areas at this time.
This again is intentional: The smaller spike trap has exactly the same trigger area as the old big spike trap. So only the look of old levels changes a bit, but they remain completely the same physics-wise.
The new big spike trap at the end of the object list has a trigger area roughly three times as big.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 12:56:55 AM »
Not exactly, it extends one pixel further into the wall. It sticks the same distance out of the wall, and has the same Y coordinate and height.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 03:09:43 AM »
This tells me what I need to know to complete the updates. Thank you!