Poll

What's your favorite Lemmings Plus V graphic set?

Abstract
1 (11.1%)
Honeycomb
5 (55.6%)
Mineshaft
2 (22.2%)
Machine
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Plus V - Release Topic  (Read 5365 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
[NeoLemmix] Lemmings Plus V - Release Topic
« on: August 24, 2016, 11:25:32 PM »
It took much longer than expected but Lemmings Plus V is finally here! :)

75 levels across 5 ranks. Four new graphic sets. 15 talismans to collect.

If you're interested, chances are you already know more or less what to expect from the development topic, so let's skip over all that (at least until I can be bothered making a proper writeup about it) and just give you the download link:

Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/?page=lemmingsplus
:compat-ver-10-13::compat-yes:
:compat-ver-10-12::compat-semi:
:compat-ver-10-11::compat-semi:
:compat-new:

Good luck, and have fun! :)

In regards to the graphic sets, see the 2nd post for details on how I'll release them.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 01:52:45 PM by Flopsy »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus V - Release Topic
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 11:25:38 PM »
Level Images

Level images are now available on the NeoLemmix website. These have been updated to include the custom backgrounds.

Talisman List

:tal-bronze: Save every lemming on Blissful 1 "Back In Action!" with no more than 1 Platformer and no more than 2 Builders.
:tal-bronze: Save every lemming on Blissful 3 "Welcome To The Hive".
:tal-bronze: Complete Touchy 4 "Three by Three" without Climbers.
:tal-bronze: Save every lemming on Edgy 1 "Secret Storage".
:tal-bronze: Save every lemming on Edgy 2 "Bee Plus".
:tal-bronze: Complete Edgy 6 "Un-bee-lievable" with no more than 7 skills.
:tal-bronze: Save at least 25 lemmings on Unruly 12 "Midair Magic".
:tal-bronze: Save more than the required number of lemmings (ie: at least 16) on Outrageous 11 "Relentless".
:tal-silver: Complete Blissful 4 "Come Home Lemming" only assigning skills to a single lemming.
:tal-silver: Complete Touchy 5 "The Bee's Knees" with no more than 1 Miner.
:tal-silver: Complete Touchy 13 "How Can You Bee So Cruel?" with at least 1 of each skill left over.
:tal-silver: Complete the final level "To Infinity, Beyond And Back!"
:tal-gold: Complete Blissful 2 "Mine Your Own Business" with no more than 1 Builder.
:tal-gold: Complete the final level "To Infinity, Beyond And Back!" in less than 12 minutes 30 seconds.
:tal-gold: Complete the final level "To Infinity, Beyond And Back!" with 26 skills or fewer.

Graphic Set Releases

You can download the graphic sets from the attachment in this post. They're also on the NeoLemmix auto-downloadable sets list, which can be downloaded by the player (will be downloaded when required, if Online Features is turned on) or the experimental versions of the Flexi Toolkit (via the Download button on the Styles tab).

These sets all have a custom background when used with recent V1.47n experimentals. However, they still work fine (apart from no special background) with V1.43n-F.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 01:10:44 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 02:33:26 PM »
Random trivia (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:41:03 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 03:05:22 PM »
Solvability is confirmed with the newly-released experimental V1.47n:BB17A76. I highly recommend switching over; the custom sound effects now work in this version. :) (For the record: No new version of LPV is needed; just use the new experimental with the existing LPV version, as the issue was with the player, not LPV itself.)

I did however upload V1.01 of Lemmings Plus V. This has no changes to levels, but rather, the graphic sets have custom background images added. These aren't visible on V1.43n-F or the current experimental release; they'll be visible from the next experimental release onwards.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 05:25:42 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 08:04:04 PM »
No one took up the challenge for the graphic sets, which would have now expired so... I decided to just release 'em all now. :) Check the 2nd post, and enjoy! These are the versions from the V1.01 release of Lemmings Plus V, so when used together with recent experimental player versions you'll get the custom backgrounds. :)

Note that to use the locked exit in the Machine style correctly, you should first place the locked exit, then place a fake standard exit behind it. And, you do not need to place the background objects anywhere in the level. (Even the recent experimental editors don't understand the tag for "this object actually is a background" and would thus simply display it in the object list as "Unknown object type".)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 01:14:19 AM »
There was an issue with these graphic sets when the background images are disabled.

Both the ZIP containing the graphic sets, and the LPV NXP, have been reuploaded with this fixed. No other changes to LPV itself, although the new version will no longer report as being compatible with V1.43n-F (it still theoretically should be, but I no longer make any guarantees of this).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Plus V - Release Topic
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 08:50:15 AM »
Closing this topic now; any further news / discussion / etc about Lemmings Plus V goes in the general Lemmings Plus series topic.
My Lemmings projects