Author Topic: your favorite keyboard shortcuts? (aka "the keyboard shortcuts one must know!")  (Read 2792 times)

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
There are a lot of new cool levels which popup these days, and I would like to take some time to play Lemmings in NeoLemmix.
What are your favorite keyboard shortcuts, please? (the ones that every NeoLemmix player should know!)
Thanks! :)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
First off, all hotkeys are remappable 8-)

The most important ones to know are the various steps and jumps back and forth in time, both because it's very useful to be able to rewind and skip, and because knowing them helps you avoid hitting them by accident :P Unfortunately I can't remember all the defaults, they are very bad and all over the place.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
...and don't forget the "directional select" hotkeys, the "select only walkers" hotkey and "fast-forward". 8-)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
The ones I actually find myself using regularly (for the record, I use the default setup):

Middle-Click - Pause
P - Pause
F - Fast Forward (it's toggled, not held)
B - Back 1 frame
N - Forward 1 frame (you can also do this by clicking in empty space; the difference is that clicking cancels replay mode, N doesn't)
Minus - Back 1 second
< - Back 5 seconds
Space - Forwards 10 seconds
Left/Right - Directional select
R - Instant restart
U - Save replay
L - Load replay

In particular with the configuration - note that if you don't like the default frameskip durations, NeoLemmix allows you to choose your own. Durations are in frames; one second (game time) = 17 frames.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)