Author Topic: Complete Genesis Tilesets  (Read 5061 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Complete Genesis Tilesets
« on: June 17, 2016, 12:58:35 AM »
I modified the existing Genesis sets to include the new NeoLemmix objects. Now, any NeoLemmix level created using the original game's sets can be converted to the Genesis styles without issue.

In addition to the objects that had been added to the original sets, I added updrafts to each set, since it's just a simple, straightforward recolor.

Now updated to 1.47! However, the updated release is for testing only. The original files are still attached to the post.
"CompleteGenesisStyles.zip" is the old 1.43n version.
"CompleteGenesisStyles-147-Beta" is the new one. It has not been thoroughly tested, so there could be issues - and while there shouldn't be any, there could be.

The new ones are not yet ready to be added to the auto-downloader!

Changes:
 - Tinted backgrounds of all sets except crystal to 0,0,33.
 - Changed darkest color in Crystal from 0,0,0 to 0,0,33 to better match the actual Genesis version of the game. However, to make the terrain more readable, the background was left at 0,0,0.

The screenshots are slightly outdated, but I haven't gotten around to making new ones yet.

(NOTE: These screenshots are mostly modifications of existing levels I had lying around. The versions of them that I've actually publicly released are for the most part different, so don't think you have an outdated version of them just because it doesn't perfectly match the screenshot - NeoLemmix exclusive objects were added to the levels to better show off the sets)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:53:55 PM by Dullstar »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Complete Genesis Tilesets
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 08:48:48 PM »
are these levels in a levelpack by yourself somewhere? They look interesting, I'd like to give them a try someday.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 01:06:29 AM »
are these levels in a levelpack by yourself somewhere? They look interesting, I'd like to give them a try someday.

Yes and no.  They're all modified from levels that I have publicly released, in order to better show off the sets.

The Crystal and Dirt levels are modified from much older levels of mine, "Lemming Slaying Machine" and "The Ice Palace." They're in the NeoLemmix conversions of older content, but I've reuploaded them here so you don't have to search through the whole set of older content. The Fire level is identical to one of my contest submissions, "Lem-17 Bomber." The Marble level is based off of "One-Way Rock." This level was submitted to the Community Pack, although the version there does not have the teleporter/receiver in it. The Pillar level is modified from "Clone Your Workers" which was one of the tutorial levels I submitted to the community pack.

The only one with a drastically different solution from the original is the one based off of "Lemming Slaying Machine," so that one might receive a new public release in the current form after more extensive testing.

Here are pictures of the actually publicly released versions of these levels:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 02:46:25 AM by Dullstar »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 04:24:00 PM »
I've added these to the autodownload now; I'll add them to the editor next time it's updated (I don't see much point in making another update just to include these).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 11:04:31 PM »
(Reuploading attachment so that the 1.43n versions are still available in case of compatibility issues after I update the set).

The spoiler contains the original contents of the original post, including the images from the 1.43n versions of the sets.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:46:06 PM by Dullstar »

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 09:07:24 PM »
I noticed the colors in the Crystal tileset are incorrect; the darkest color used in the terrain should be 0,0,33, but 0,0,0 appears to have been used. When I made these updated sets, I assumed the colors in the existing Genesis sets were correct, and it appears they are not.

Because of this I will need to check the palettes in every set to make them as accurate as possible; and then I'll have to actually make the changes. Therefore, it will take a while to update these to 1.47. That said, if 1.47 is capable of loading them, which it should be, they'll still work just fine; the updates shouldn't break any levels.

If I'm lucky, it's just the one color in the one set that's wrong, which shouldn't be too bad to fix. If not...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 11:33:11 PM by Dullstar »

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 06:55:17 PM »
1.47 Post Archival Version (click to show/hide)