Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Deceit's Lemmings  (Read 12734 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
[NeoLemmix] Deceit's Lemmings
« on: May 30, 2016, 06:45:08 PM »
Deceit's Lemmings

Deceit published a Lemmix pack containing 55 levels here (Many thanks to Gronkling for finding this pack):
  http://deceit.tistory.com/entry/Deceits-Lemmings
I took the liberty to update the levels to NeoLemmix V11.15.20. Version 2.1 can be downloaded either from the attachment or at:
  https://www.dropbox.com/s/eelcksqprp642sz/DeceitLemmings.zip?dl=1
The old version 1.1 for NeoLemmix V1.47 to V11.14.19 can still be downloaded at:
  https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rjgjl1ezy06wdu/DeceitLemmings.nxp?dl=1

Northland Builders

Stairway Garden

Pillar Confusion

Crystal Method

The Law of the Jungle
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:53:29 PM by Nepster »

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Deceit's Lemmings
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 07:11:10 PM »
Awesome, thanks for this conversion! :thumbsup:

However, it was Gronkling who found it and not me. I just simply pointed out that it needed a conversion.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 07:13:54 PM »
Thanks. I corrected my post.

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 07:40:00 PM »
Hey, these levels are really neat! :thumbsup: I'm always impressed to see how possible it is to design good-looking Lemmings levels with few tiles!

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 10:02:10 AM »
This pack is now updated to NeoLemmix 1.47. It contains as well some backroute fixes to:
 - Tricky 2, 3, 14
 - Taxing 4, 7, 8, 9, 13
 - Mayhem 9, 12, 13

Moreover I attached a replay collection to the first post. Many of these replays were recorded by Flopsy.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 04:40:35 PM »
Updated the pack to the new-formats version. No other changes. Please see the first post for the download links.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Deceit's Lemmings
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 04:03:45 PM »
Mayhem 12 seems to be broken with the deadly ceiling change. It may still be possible, but I think the intended solution is severly hindered.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Online joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 06:33:05 PM »
I finished this level pack.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 09:25:32 PM »
I finished this level pack.

I just checked your Mayhem 12 replay. It fails because the deadly ceiling thing just as for me. Seems like the level really is broken.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 04:54:14 PM »
Ok, I finally got around updating two levels due to the now deadly ceiling. See first post for the updated pack.

Online joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 05:43:05 PM »
I have redone this pack.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 07:24:55 PM »
My take on this pack, solutions attached except for the notorious Mayhem21: "Enter at your own risk...".

I've played original pack in Lemmix in Spring 2017 making LRB-replay files, and didn't solve Mayhem14: "Lemmings Fever" back then, now I managed to beat it in NeoLemmix. I apparently never posted my solutions on the forums, because the pack designer doesn't seem to be around.

Excluding Mayhem21, the hardest level besides Mayhem14 was probably Mayhem12: "Shorty Deep Inside". My most backroute-feeling solutions are Mayhem9: "The Law of the Jungle" and Taxing12: "It Lems On". Tricky12: "Hold the Line" I remember having troubles in finding a solution back then, and Tricky2: "Monkey Magic" is quite cunning considering its early place in the pack.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 01:34:49 AM »
I have redone this pack.

Is that the final updated version? Because I've also encountered that dead ceiling thing in Mayhem 12.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2018, 08:08:11 AM »
Is that the final updated version? Because I've also encountered that dead ceiling thing in Mayhem 12.

Did you get the latest version of the pack? I think the latest update from Nepster should have fixed this:

Ok, I finally got around updating two levels due to the now deadly ceiling. See first post for the updated pack.

Offline deceit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2019, 09:38:22 AM »
Hello, I am the original creator of this pack! I was very surprised that my level pack was played by many lemmings fans and perfectly converted to Neolemmix engine! :thumbsup:
My English skill is still very weak, so, I'll be very appreciated at your patience with some bad grammars and words. :XD: (Fortunately reading English is not a big problem to me. Writing in English is one of my weak point.)

I made this pack for made a 'Buy a pizza' bet with another Korean lemmings fan, ssam1221(a.k.a. KillerMaster). It was intended for total 80 levels, each ratings would be have 20 levels each. But unfortunately, It had only 53 levels total. Only 20 Mayhem levels have been completed. I was a student in 2013 and too busied to finish the pack.

Each rating's naming are intended as "Sweet", "Sour", "Salty(or Spicy?)", "Bitter". But I didn't figure out how to rename each rating with origial Lemmix editior at that time.

I watched many of other fan's replays of my pack, and know that My levels still has many backroutes. I'll upload replays with my intended solution someday. My favorite level in this pack is Mayhem 16(Intended as Bitter 16) - "The Scaffold", but sadly, most of replays showed alternative solutions. Someday if I have some time, I'd like to release backroute-fixed version of my pack with some new levels.

There're some trivias of some levels I can remember. :D

- Tricky 1 "Ice Battle!" is not made by me. It's made by mariomario99, another Korean lemmings fan.
- Tricky 4 "Meet the Nessy Again" is actually an edit of original level "Hunt the Nessy...".
- Tricky 11 "So Efficient" is a really improvised level. I spent under 10 minutes to create this level and no special tests were done.
- Taxing 13 "Around and Around" has a secret message. If you open the level in the edtior and remove some brick terrain, You can see a sentence with two words "F**K LHJ". Yes, LHJ is an initial of a person who does not want to be remembered.>:(
- Mayhem 2, "Vertical Sequence" is the first level that I've completed. Contrary, Taxing 14 "Bubble Trouble" is the last.
- Mayhem 3, "Crystal Method" - I created the level with listening musics of same named electronic group actually. "Name of the Game" is my favorite music of that group.
- Mayhem 16 "The Scaffold" is my most favorite level(and ruined by many backroutes). Taxing 12 "It lems on" is the second, Mayhem 9 "The Law of the Jungle" is the third. My least favorite is Tricky 14 - "Lemming March".
- Mayhem 17 "Quintuple Squeeze Machine", The original Lemmix editor didn't supported set the number of lemmings more than 100, so I used a hex editior to set this to 200. Luckily, It works very well with no errors with original Lemmix player.
- Mayhem 19, "Was it worth?" 's original title was "Was it worth it?". I removed "it" in the title by some reason, but I can't remember why I did.
- Mayhem 21, "Enter at own risk" was going to be removed at completed version. I thought this level is too ridiculous and unfair, but finally included to the pack without removing. Because a very difficult level was needed for 'Buy a pizza' bet with ssam1221. (And he finished Mayhem 21 with intended solution.)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 05:11:12 PM by deceit »