Author Topic: [bug][player] Can't use keyboard while playing  (Read 2357 times)

Offline bulletride

• View Profile
[bug][player] Can't use keyboard while playing
« on: May 17, 2016, 05:34:39 PM »
When I use the Neolemmix editor to make a level I can use all the hotkeys fine. However now when I enter the level to test I can not use my keyboard to do things like pause and fast forward anymore. Everything was working fine until about 2 days ago and ever since it has been really tedious trying to play and test levels like this.

I have re downloaded Neolemmix and it did not fix the problem. Save Me!

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [bug][player] Can't use keyboard while playing
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 05:38:36 PM »
Delete your NeoLemmixHotkeys.ini + NeoLemmixSettings.ini.  They may be corrupted somehow.    This will lead to the file beeing created new with the next start. ;)

I had the same problem in the past.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 05:45:33 PM »
Here a few things you might try:

1) Start the NeoLemmix.exe, go to Options -> Hotkeys and make sure to uncheck the box "Show unassigned keys". Now you should get a list of all hotkeys and their corresponding functions. Are the correct hotkeys displayed there?

2) Attach the file NeoLemmixHotkeys.ini here, so that we may have a look at it. In this file, all hotkeys are stored.

3) Move the current NeoLemmixHotkeys.ini in another directory and start NeoLemmix again. It should now create a new NeoLemmixHotkeys.ini with the default hotkeys. This way you can at least use the default layout again. Disadvantage: If you use a custom layout, you have to reassign all hotkeys.

EDIT: No need to delete the NeoLemmixSettings.ini, if it is just the hotkeys and all other options are working fine.

Offline bulletride

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 06:01:41 PM »

1) Start the NeoLemmix.exe, go to Options -> Hotkeys and make sure to uncheck the box "Show unassigned keys". Now you should get a list of all hotkeys and their corresponding functions. Are the correct hotkeys displayed there?

Thanks this worked they somehow all got unassigned!