Author Topic: Spoilers are not hidden in e-mail notifications.  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Spoilers are not hidden in e-mail notifications.
« on: April 14, 2016, 06:12:22 PM »
Just wanna point this out in case nobody else has yet.

If you receive an e-mail notification of a PM or reply to a topic, if you set it so that the e-mail will show you what the PM/topic message says, and if the PM/post has spoiler tags in them, the e-mail message will show these spoilers without being hidden.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Spoilers are not hidden in e-mail notifications.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 08:14:30 PM »
Not sure how much I can do about it (other than clearly warn people), but this is definitely something that should be looked into. I probably won't get a chance today or tomorrow, but I'll try to remember to take a look sometime on Sunday. (I'll probably look at the sub-sub-forums not being included in latest post check at the same time; may as well address both while working on the site.)

At the very least, I should be able to remove the spoiler-tagged text from the email altogether, and add a notice saying something along the lines of "This message contains spoiler tags which have been removed here, please view on the forums if you want to see the content of these."
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)