Author Topic: What are your favourite themes from Lemmings?  (Read 10209 times)

Offline 607

• View Profile
Re: What are your favourite themes from Lemmings?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 04:12:43 PM »
@DynaLem: for the additional music track, you listed Tim 1 again ;) I checked the intended one out, though, and it's pretty nice!
I don't think I'm a fan of the Awesome music from this game.

Also: were the themes from the VGASPEC levels taken from other games or were they made for Lemmings?

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 04:23:47 PM »
Thanks, fixed the link! :)

The themes from the VGASPEC levels...I'm not actually sure if they were taken from other games. They sound like remixes of the originals.

I love the drum beats of the Beast theme, they sound dark and give that feeling that you are in a prehistoric time period. Beast II's sound gloomy and fits levels that have a dark, sad setting. Both themes can be even used in haunted levels like the Horror tilesets or some of the ghost-themed levels like in Holiday GigaLems. Menace, I'm not too much of a fan of. It seems to fit levels that have small time limits.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:50:45 PM by DynaLem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 05:29:34 PM »
Prob Lem posted about this a while ago, but the Lemmings 3D Circus themes are really creepy.

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 06:02:22 PM »
I've always loved Circus3 from 3D, it doesn't really sound creepy to me more like a credits song to something. Circus1 definitely does sound rather sleazy and unsettling though hehe.
Generally the 3D soundtrack sounds really 'stock music-y' to me though there are definitely some good ones; Army3 has a really nice melody.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 07:59:16 PM »
If we're on about 3D Lemmings then I like some of those aswell.

Sweet Land 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENYtpfTocHA
Medieval 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKqWfKobCMA

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2016, 09:33:07 PM »
Prob Lem posted about this a while ago, but the Lemmings 3D Circus themes are really creepy.

I wouldn't call that creepy, although I would say the instrumentation sounds a little inappropriate and it doesn't really sound like a circus song to me.
I hadn't listened to the Lemmings 3D songs at all yet; some of them are pretty good! The sound quality is decent; definitely a step up from previous Lemmings games.

Personally my favorites [I totally forgot about this until just now] are from Lemmings Revolution:

here's just an example. I like all of the songs, there's only about 5-10 but imo there's not a bad one at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8nXShXUSaE

--totally unrelated--
with the new synthesizer I bought I might actually be able to make sounds not too unlike these songs!
:D:D:D:D:D :party:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:42:37 PM by möbius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2016, 09:51:02 PM »
Personally my favorites [I totally forgot about this until just now] are from Lemmings Revolution:

here's just an example. I like all of the songs, there's only about 5-10 but imo there's not a bad one at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8nXShXUSaE

I like the Revolution soundtrack too, though it's rather techno. And that song is particularly chaotic. My favourite from Revolution is definitely Confidence.

Also, wow, that youtuber has a fantastic set of vgm playlists.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 10:15:08 PM »
Out of curiosity, can anyone confirm whether the attribution to Tim Wright (on that Youtube playlist) for the Lemmings Revolution music is accurate?  Unfortunately I don't have a working copy of that game at hand at the moment to try to verify through the game's credits text.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 01:34:11 AM »
Out of curiosity, can anyone confirm whether the attribution to Tim Wright (on that Youtube playlist) for the Lemmings Revolution music is accurate?  Unfortunately I don't have a working copy of that game at hand at the moment to try to verify through the game's credits text.

I looked at my manual and the in-game credits and it doesn't mention Tim Wright anywhere. I'd guess not since I'm pretty sure [from reading an interview on Lemmings Universe] few people or nobody from the DMA team worked on Revolution. It was a new group of people. I guess they got the rights from Psygnosis but it wasn't the original people who made the game.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain