Author Topic: December 2015 Level Collaboration  (Read 22465 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: December 2015 Level Collaboration
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2015, 05:31:42 PM »
The goal of my turn was to create a 1.0 version of an interesting solution + getting the decoration in there. So that it could theoretical be a release worthy level by now and prob could be used in a pack.

I mostly left the initial level terrain setup as it is. I just did the following things:

- adding steel to the edges to prevent backroutes
- editing the steel in the middle to make the solution in my mind possible
- lowering the water by 4 pixels

To implement the solution I edited the skill panel drastically:

- Walker      10--->4
- Blocker        0--->2
- Basher      10--->4
- Digger         0--->1
- Climber       stays at 1
- Platformer 10--->1
- Miner         10--->2
- Cloner         0--->2

I couldn't resist to add the decoration (remove it if it's too much or you need the space!).
Also a proposal for a title has been added as well as a custom music track.

I think I did a little too much in this step as I read over this again :-[, but when I am on to sth I have problems leaving it in an unfinished/unpolished state. Well remove stuff as you like to gain room for more changes :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 05:48:28 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2015, 05:49:21 PM »
Edit: Removed one more digger  (now 1 instead of 2) as I saw it wasn't nessesary :-[          Attachment updated!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2015, 08:43:09 PM »
as of now it's a decently tough level. [I didn't even get a chance yet to play namida's version so it could've been there as well] This went a lot quicker than I expected, thanks for participating. :thumbsup:
I'll try to solve it tonight/in the days ahead.

I'm guessing Clam is away already or about to go away. He said he'd either switch or drop out. But I'll let it up to everyone else on how to call this. I'd like to give him a chance to contribute so I say we wait for him before calling it finished. There's the matter of backroute fixing as well.

Some comments:
Some things are not symmetrical: in particular;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2015, 11:11:07 PM »
as of now it's a decently tough level. [I didn't even get a chance yet to play namida's version so it could've been there as well] This went a lot quicker than I expected, thanks for participating. :thumbsup:
I'll try to solve it tonight/in the days ahead.

I'm guessing Clam is away already or about to go away. He said he'd either switch or drop out. But I'll let it up to everyone else on how to call this. I'd like to give him a chance to contribute so I say we wait for him before calling it finished. There's the matter of backroute fixing as well.

Some comments:
Some things are not symmetrical: in particular;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A gap in the platform would be fatal for the solution, so it only works right now on the left side. But maybe some symm things are yet to be done in further steps (if the solution should stay similar).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2015, 11:33:53 PM »
Spoilers for my version (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2016, 02:59:35 PM »
Noticed a typo in the levelname :-[

Attached the lvl file with the corrected title. (replay is still functional as no other changes have been made)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2016, 09:49:29 AM »
I've attached a new version + replay that makes the pillars on both side symmetrical -----> solution is side independent.

As it went quite for a while in this thread: Consider this the final version + add this in the community dropbox?  ???