Author Topic: [FIXED] [GLITCH] [PLAYER] Builder-Walker-combo to ghost through 1px-walls  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Here is the second glitch concerning builders:

If a builder is placed correctly, he places all 12 bricks and then on his first frame when meeting the wall and turning around, moves one pixel into the terrain. If it happens to be a 1-pixel-wall one can assign a walker during precisely this frame, which allows the lemming to pass through the thin wall.
See the example attached.

If the wall is thicker than 1 pixel, the lemming will not turn around when given the walker skill, hence always facing away from the wall when being inside the wall. Nevertheless this glitch allows to pass one-way-walls in the wrong direction when bashing/mining instead of assigning walkers during this one frame.

This glitch does not happen if the builder places only fewer bricks.

I don't know how to fix this glitch without breaking a lot of replays. So any suggestions are very welcome.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:24:07 PM by Nepster »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
If it only happens for a single frame on an exact brick, I would think there are ways to fix it without breaking too many (if any) replays. I'll take a look at it a bit later today.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
I discovered another situation where this can happen, without being at the end of a bridge. I haven't yet looked into why, but it happens during my intended solution replay to Lemmings Plus I Wimpy 8 (the first right-facing builder from the bottom group starts from 1 pixel inside the wall).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)