Author Topic: [Lemmini] grams88's puzzles for 25th anniversary of L1  (Read 7087 times)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
[Lemmini] grams88's puzzles for 25th anniversary of L1
« on: February 03, 2016, 07:18:33 PM »
Hi guys

I've been making some puzzles out of the old lemmings levels. I like the whole idea of making a harder puzzle out of old levels well some of them might be a bit easier than the previous puzzle or level.

I've got a 13 level pack for the Lemmini which I'll attach to this post. I bet you guys will have those finished very quick. :lem-mindblown: I thought I would post this level pack as it is coming up for lemmings 25th Birthday as this pack contains a lot of the old levels from the game..

Wow it goes to show how time is going by quick. :lem-mindblown:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:36:32 PM by Flopsy »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: grams88's puzzles for 25th anniversary of L1
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 10:20:38 PM »
Hi guys

I've noticed that this is a very old topic but I thought I would start it up again as I've been making some puzzles out of the old lemmings levels like what I did before. I like the whole idea of making a harder puzzle out of old levels well some of them might be a bit easier than the previous puzzle or level.

I've got a 13 level pack for the Lemmini which I'll attach to this post. I bet you guys will have those finished very quick. :lem-mindblown: I thought I would post this level pack as it is coming up for lemmings 25th Birthday as this pack contains a lot of the old levels from the game..

Finished the first level, as I was remembered by the program ... I can't save replays in Lemmini of levels which I played in "Load (single) Level" .

Would love to give feedback, but you would have to bind them together in a "real pack". You can see how it's ~ done by looking at the levelpack.ini of other packs.
Without saving my replays however it's kinda impossible to give proper feedback and replaying some levels in Lemmini can be very painful based on the level (yes, I am kinda spoiled by NeoLemmix now :P), so I will pause playing for now.
If you bind them together in a pack, or convert them to NL I would love to play through them over the days :)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 11:53:53 PM »
Thanks for giving them a try IchoTolot

I think it only allows you to load levels but probably can't save any replays. Okay I'll see if I can make those changes like converting them, that's me getting used to the whole making levels as it was a little since I done it last time. I noticed my previuos level pack was the one I done in 2013 has ini at the end of the filename.

I'll see if I can get it sorted. :)

That's me uploaded the level pack. I didn't order the levels by number, maybe I could put them in some kind of order.

http://lemmings-db.camanis.net/levelpack/ag1zfmxlbW1pbmdzLWRichYLEglMZXZlbFBhY2sYgICAgNCllQoM/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:09:35 AM by grams88 »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 12:42:36 AM »
Assuming they're not using custom styles, converting them to NeoLemmix is very easy (as long as you're not using custom graphic sets - though even if you are, many of the most common ones have NeoLemmix versions); there's even a mass convert option in the NeoLemmix Editor. You'll need to first copy your Lemmini styles from Lemmini's "styles" folder, to NeoLemmix Editor's "styles/Lemmini" folder. Then, you can use the Mass Convert option under the Tools menu.

Actually building them into an NXP pack is a bit trickier but still fairly simple - check out the Flexi Toolkit (there's a tutorial on how to use it on that page, too). Alternatively, just distribute the LVL files themself.

Do be aware that (as far as I know) the level database does not support NeoLemmix levels. You'll have to upload them somewhere else - perhaps as an attachment on the forums. (I really need to get around to making a proper NeoLemmix Level Database website...)

I'm not at home at the moment so can't check the full details for the mass conversion (been a while since I've used or worked on it), but if no one else helps you first, I'll be glad to help you when I am at home. :) Don't forget - always test the levels after conversion; NeoLemmix's mechanics are not exactly the same as Lemmini's; if anything they're closer to those of DOS / Lemmix (but still fairly different even from that).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:51:19 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 04:24:35 PM »
Thanks Namida

That will be interesting with the NeoLemmix, yeah might see if I can convert them by looking at the totorial and see how I can get it working on the NeoLemmix.  I notice quite a lot of guys on the forum are using the NeoLemmix. I had a quick look at the NeoLemmix I wonder if that was something I did in the past as it looks very familiar looking at Bsmith NeoLemmix pack the Vanila one, It does look like the dos one but very different as I'm sure you can save replays and stuff like that. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 05:16:10 PM »
If you just come into NL: Play the introduction pack and read Nepsters manual (http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2414.0) :)    and you will see that it eases a lot of things that are a pain to do in Lemmini (and this is comming from a big Lemmini supporter back in the days ;))

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 09:51:12 PM »
Hi everyone

Sort of been thinking for sometime and I might maybe make more puzzles up for this one as it stands at 13 levels, I might maybe make it up to 20 levels. :)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »
I might remove the attachment at the top of this one as I'm going to be adding more levels. I'm at 17 levels now with some of them turning out not bad.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 04:44:14 PM »
Here's the 20 level Lemmings pack in an attachment. At the moment I only have it for the old Lemmini program but could convert them soon.

I've uploaded it to the level database website. Hope you guys like them.

http://lemmings-db.camanis.net/levelpack/ag1zfmxlbW1pbmdzLWRichYLEglMZXZlbFBhY2sYgICAgJKUlwoM/

Celebrating the 25th Birthday of the Original lemmings.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 03:20:42 AM »
Hi guys

I've noticed that this is a very old topic but I thought I would start it up again as I've been making some puzzles out of the old lemmings levels like what I did before. I like the whole idea of making a harder puzzle out of old levels well some of them might be a bit easier than the previous puzzle or level.

Finished the first level, as I was remembered by the program ... I can't save replays in Lemmini of levels which I played in "Load (single) Level" .

Would love to give feedback, but you would have to bind them together in a "real pack". You can see how it's ~ done by looking at the levelpack.ini of other packs.
Without saving my replays however it's kinda impossible to give proper feedback and replaying some levels in Lemmini can be very painful based on the level (yes, I am kinda spoiled by NeoLemmix now :P), so I will pause playing for now.
If you bind them together in a pack, or convert them to NL I would love to play through them over the days :)

FYI: there is a way to save replays in Lemmini, even when loading a single level:
after finishing the level, press replay and watch the replay to completion. Then go and find the temp replay file named "replay" (I think it's been a while, it might be called something else) it's in either the main Lemmini folder or the replay folder. Copy/rename this file.
This file gets overwritten every time you use the replay function.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain