Author Topic: PimoLems - Big custom pack for Lemmini  (Read 34077 times)

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
Re: PimoLems - Big custom pack for Lemmini
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2014, 05:33:21 PM »
For hardcore PimoLems fans, name the PimoLems levels game! http://www.sporcle.com/games/Pieuw/pimolems-levels

This was harder than I assumed at first, I got 118/143 despite the lenient-ish time limit. :P

Remember also finlay's name L1 and ONML levels games!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2014, 04:00:37 AM »
Wow. I don't think I could even complete those for my own packs, let alone anyone else's. :P
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2014, 09:11:20 AM »
Yes it's not easy at all, even when it's your own levels! On my first try I "only" got 12x answers, I felt bad for the levels I forgot :XD:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2014, 09:13:34 AM »
Half the reason, at least for me, is that a lot of the levels' names are just completely random things I come up with on the spot. Unless the level takes a lot of testing effort, or stands out in some way, or ends up being really popular or one of my personal favorites, I'm not going to remember it. For example, I received a PM a while back talking about one of my levels called "Back And Forwards We Go!" - I had to think for a while to remember which level this was! (It's Trial 2 of LPII Bonus Pack)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2014, 10:49:19 AM »
Hey everyone :)

I thought it would be nice to share my PimoLems to-do list here. The pack may be decent but there's still lot of work to be done!

Editing
  • Backroutes fixing, duh. I think I've fixed all the backroutes that people sent me, but I still have to check if I didn't forget any.
  • Some levels are clearly misplaced and need to be moved.
  • There are levels I don't really like, I'll have to decide what to do with them.

New content
  • Some rating ideas:
    • I'm currently working on a rating where each level would have the exact same layout. I'm not sure it's a good idea, and if it is, I'm not sure I could make a layout with 20 different solutions. But I like challenges so I'll try my best! I chose the brick tileset since it appears to be the most popular, and it's one of the easiest to work with.
    • A rating with one-of-each-skill levels only.
    • A rating especially for glitches and very strange behaviors.
    • A rating in which the number of lemmings would increase from one level to another (starting with one lemming, finishing with 20 or more). It could be hard to make a good difficulty curve here.
  • I'd like the Special rating to contain more levels. I'll try to make more Castle levels, and maybe other tilesets.
  • Ideally, the final version of PimoLems would contain 30 levels per rating. Note that the final version of PimoLems may never exist :evil:
  • I'd like to find some new tunes.

These would take a lot of work, but I'm not in a rush. It could take me 10 years to do all this and I'm ok with that :D I simply felt motivated lately and made these improvement plans.

If you think of anything else that needs to change in PimoLems or if you have other ideas, please tell! I'm open to any suggestion.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2014, 11:34:37 PM »
I really like your ideas for ratings. I can't wait to see these. I'd like to do the same but I doubt I could make 10 or more levels to fit the criteria.
If you find even more awesome tunes, well that would be awesomer.  :D

[I don't remember maybe your set already has this]
I'd like to see a rating of at least 20 levels of the old 20-of-every skill. I personally like levels like this and think a good level set starts out with them. But not as easy as ONML's Tame. Like Original lemmings or a little harder. Levels where execution is not tedious but a challenge/fun even with plenty of skills.
I personally want to work on levels like this for myself as well.
Anyway, your post kind of motivates me to work on my set too.  :D
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2014, 11:24:51 AM »
Yeepee, let's motivate each other! :)

There are some levels like this in Calm:

Lemming Falls - 10 of each skill
It's a Kind Lembourhood - 20 of each skill
Minimal Design - 10 of each skill
Lems, Stock, and Barrels - 10 of each skill
Find Your Way Up! - 10-20 of each skill

I may create 10 more levels for the Calm rating so I'll try to make some of these. Or maybe a "Playground" rating with big levels that can be solved in countless ways. I don't know how many ratings Lemmini can support for a single game...

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2015, 10:36:34 AM »
I've started a walkthrough on my Youtube channel, because quite some people don't know what they are missing out here and Lemmini seems to scare them away.

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKR1N9oJTTlKRcWYFTrsoTzl42Ee6M5Hh