Author Topic: [BUG] [PLAYER] [EDITOR] [FIXED] Version number not accessible  (Read 2343 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
[BUG] [PLAYER] [EDITOR] [FIXED] Version number not accessible
« on: January 26, 2016, 10:53:07 PM »
Status: Both actually were accessible, but the issue was the editor reported conflicting version numbers in different places (removed the one of these that tends to be wrong), while the player didn't make it very obvious - it appeared at the end of the main menu scroller's texts (changed it so it appears as a third constantly-visible text line, below the pack name and the custom second line).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:07:29 PM by namida »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [BUG] [PLAYER] [EDITOR] Version number not accessible
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 10:56:42 PM »
Assume I want to know whether my NeoLemmix.exe is the latest version. Where can I find this information? In the game I see no such information displayed and in the file properties no version number is specified.

The editor has a similar issue: Vie Help one gets the correct version number, but if I look at the file porperties the version number is given as V1.15n-B :P.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 11:01:02 PM »
Hm, I didn't even remember that there was anything in file properties. I'll have to look at that.

For the player, it'll appear on the scroller eventually. But perhaps something more convenient should be implemented....
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 12:06:22 PM »
Okay, for the player, I've changed it so that it appears as a third line (below the pack name and the custom-set second line) on the title screen. This should be visible enough.

As for the editor's version info in file properties, that's something that I didn't even realise I had put there (obviously, if it hasn't been changed in that long). Since chances are I'd just keep forgetting to update that, I figured it was better to just remove that altogether. The "About" dialog will still be there (and correct, hopefully), of course.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)