Author Topic: Lix - Original Music  (Read 16327 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Lix - Original Music
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 09:11:04 PM »
FL Studio is awesome! :D A few years back one of my friends introduced me to it, and we'd just create simple beats and have rap battles. I believe one of my compositions is still up on Youtube somewhere, I was gonna do something with it but never did. Lemme see if I can find it...

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kjp-rzgkhY

hey use this one for Lix/and or Lemmix too, I like this song a lot. :)
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 09:36:51 PM »
FL Studio is awesome! :D A few years back one of my friends introduced me to it, and we'd just create simple beats and have rap battles. I believe one of my compositions is still up on Youtube somewhere, I was gonna do something with it but never did. Lemme see if I can find it...

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kjp-rzgkhY

hey use this one for Lix/and or Lemmix too, I like this song a lot. :)

This was discussed on #lix earlier; while it might be a nice track, it doesn't really fit Lemmings / Lix that well. Plus, I don't have the original source files or even an MP3 of it anymore; only the Youtube vid.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 10:56:08 PM »
I'm not sure how other people see this, but I'd very much like to see Lix music to be original in that aspect that it isn't (commonly) used anywhere else.

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2015, 07:10:35 PM »
Nice! yea, we do have some musicians around here then.  Just heard a midi from Ramon which sounds very cool also.

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2015, 01:00:52 AM »
Well I was spoilt for xmas :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2015, 02:42:47 AM »
You got a new grand piano for Christmas? Congrats, and I wish you many lovely hours playing. :-)

-- Simon

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2015, 03:14:40 PM »
Thanks!   Its not new, but in excellent condition.  Its a baby grand,  I've always wanted one and my parents said the price was just too good to pass on.     I'm very happy with it

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 04:56:30 AM »
Here is the new tune designed for the wintery style landscapes.   

(still not final versions, and the earth/forest tune has been worked on since last versions)     Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eedz65WNR6Q&feature=youtu.be

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 07:58:54 AM »
Natural Step sounds better now; I'm not noticing the problem that the previous version had. :)
Crystallized Comfort is a very nice track too; although I do notice it sounds a bit quiet compared to Natural Step - not a major problem at all, just needs the volume upped a bit (especially in the intro).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 02:25:14 PM »
Thanks, i'll work on normalizing the tracks

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 03:46:28 PM »
Wow, these are amazing! I like composing music too, and I hope I'll once achieve this level!

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2016, 01:30:20 AM »
The new track is really good! I like how it has a really chill, upbeat feel (pardon the pun :lix-tongue:). It reminds me of some of the L1 soundtrack in this way; not in the melody, but just in the clam-happy feel to it. I love the piano counterpoint, too.

One of the instruments is a bit too intrusive. I like the notes its playing, but changing the instrument to something softer (like a flute or windpipe or something) would be a good improvement.

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2016, 02:52:06 AM »
Thanks, which part, and ill take that to consideration for changing.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2016, 03:48:04 AM »
The bug in Natural Step is fixed, cool. The music builds up with much variety, without clashes now.

Crystallized Comfort: Yep, awesome track! No matter how long you're stuck on a level, don't be overwhelmed, and it's gonna be all right.

<Proxima> the new music is awesome :)
<Proxima> hmm, it ends too abruptly though, maybe hold the last note a bit longer
<SimonN> yeah, listening to it again now
<Proxima> it has a nice "easy" feeling to it, it wouldn't irritate me if it was playing for a long time on a level I was stuck on
<SimonN> right, it's calm and doesn't discourage you from a serious attempt
<SimonN> I believe I know what NaOH describes as too piercing an instrument and recommends a calmer instrument for
<SimonN> without her comment, I wouldn't have noticed it, but there is something to it
<Proxima> hmm, which?
<SimonN> the trumpets at 2:25 and again at 2:27
<SimonN> it's a matter of taste, I can see why they might be perceived as too intrusive
<Proxima> hmm, maybe, I didn't have a problem with them

-- Simon

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2016, 04:56:29 AM »
Ok thanks for the feedback.   I'll work on it :)