Author Topic: Simon has been added as a global moderator.  (Read 4498 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Simon has been added as a global moderator.
« on: December 20, 2015, 02:11:46 PM »
Just to let everyone know - Simon has been given a global moderator position. Welcome to the staff, Simon! :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:34:48 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
Re: Simon has been added as a moderator.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 02:32:43 PM »
Congratz Simon! And well-deserved too!

But wasn't he moderator of the Lix board already? What changed?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Simon has been added as a moderator.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 02:34:38 PM »
He's a global moderator now. Board-specific moderator status is pretty much just to allow a user to take care of the board for their own project (except Proxima's which is a special case), primarily to sticky and unsticky topics or split them if needed, as well as (by displaying their status) to let people know who's in charge of the project in question (hence why my name displays for NeoLemmix's board-specific moderators, even though I'm an admin). Global moderator is a site-wide thing, and actually counts as board staff. :P
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Simon has been added as a global moderator.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 02:44:07 PM »
What's new = permission to move posts.

Except for the NL bug topic, we don't have much need to move posts. Stackoverflow gives basic moderation rights to any member who's contributed a lot. I feel that is a good policy.

Making/renaming entire boards requires admins.

-- Simon

Offline WYSIWYG23

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 08:21:55 PM »
Yes, Congrats Simon! Nice to see you've made it! :lix-smile:  And btw fyi back in 2012 I did lie to you about 'me driving to a library'. I was still at a library, but at that time I was unemployed and didn't have a car. It was a two-hour walk though!......... I saw you guys (Insane Steve, geoo and you +others) talking about me on IRC right after I was banned on the old forum. :lix-suspicious:  But no, I live on my own now and pay for my own Internet Service.

Anyway, your Lix project you made -- I should check it out sometime and see what it is like (like, finally right?!) I've heard it's really fun compared to original lemmings, let alone the ugly-lame original DOS-port.
Hunt the Nessie  :3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 11:34:57 PM »
Lix is a bit lacking in new content these days (though if you've been away for a while, there's plenty of content that'll be new to you), but it is a very nice engine. And (arguably) most importantly - it has online multiplayer, which is something that no other engine that's often used here does. :D
My Lemmings projects