Author Topic: Looking for a particular level from the past  (Read 4531 times)

Offline paulkana

• View Profile
Looking for a particular level from the past
« on: October 04, 2015, 10:51:43 PM »
Hello!
I used to be stuck on a level, playing DOS version, it should have been either Lemmings or Oh no!, but I just spent a lot of time going through screenshots on http://tle.vaarties.nl/lemmings/solutions/ and playing but can't locate it. It was 1st level of a 2nd stage, I think, and it was a platform, blocked on both sides, a climber could go out, but had to dig down, to not drop dead and the floor was these diagonal bricks that made the builder turn all the time. Anyway, I couldn't ever finish it and now I couldn't find it. If anybody has any ideas?
It had like 20 builders, 2 bashers, 2 blockers, maybe everything was 20 actually. The bricks were mostly yellow, but not like in Lemmings 2, I have never played that or anything newer.
I'm really confounded.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Looking for a particular level from the past
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 11:01:14 PM »
The image suggests Dolly Dimple, even if the description doesn't match exactly. Level 2 of rating Crazy in Oh no more Lemmings.

Screenshot with solution (!) on Lemmings Encyclopedia

-- Simon

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 11:02:08 PM »
Sounds and looks like "Dolly Dimple", the second level from the second rating from "Oh No More Lemmings".

Here you find some NeoLemmix players for the original games, if you want to replay it ;)
http://www.neolemmix.com/old/neolemmixplayers.html

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 08:52:54 AM »

Is that the level you're thinking of? If so, then as mentioned, it's Dolly Dimple.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline paulkana

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 09:55:29 AM »
Yes, thanks!
Good luck!

EDIT:
Ok, just finished it, I don't know why it took me 20 years to do so. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 10:06:00 AM by paulkana »

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 11:47:34 PM »
Nice, I recognized the level from your draft alone even though I've only played maybe 3 or 4 levels from ONML in total, ever. :p