Author Topic: Upsidedown World  (Read 6658 times)

Offline VBB

• View Profile
Upsidedown World
« on: July 31, 2015, 01:31:57 PM »
Has anybody finished this level?  The one time I committed myself to playing the whole game, this is where I gave up.  It's impossible.:XD:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:21:08 PM by ccexplore »

Offline exit

• View Profile
Re: Land of the Wicker People
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 01:41:09 PM »
Hmm . . . I would say most of us on the forum have beaten this level.
If you would like a hint here's one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hope that helps.

Offline VBB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 01:52:57 PM »
Hmm, now that I look at the maps, that's not actually what I'm talking about.

The map I meant is this:

That's a SEGA genesis version of the map, I believe.  Pretty weird, I'm sure I remember the grass being on the bottom!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 01:55:32 PM »
Upsidedown World.

In the DOS version, I loosely recall a bug with mining the leftmost one-way walls. If mining them fails, bash them instead.

-- Simon

Offline exit

• View Profile
Re: Upsidedown World
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 02:16:14 PM »
I'm not sure the solution is any different from the other ports. It looks like you have one basher for three of the four obstacles, and more than plenty miners.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:21:40 PM by ccexplore »

Offline VBB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 03:48:15 PM »
[/quote]You can turn them around at will without a blocker????
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:21:50 PM by ccexplore »

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 05:07:43 PM »
Think creatively. You have two builders and a multitude of miners.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:22:01 PM by ccexplore »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 02:34:13 AM »
You can turn them around at will without a blocker????

Have you beaten "Postcard from Lemmingland"? [this level stumped me for a long, long time]. You can use a similar tactic here. There are many ways to turn lemmings around. Most of them involve using a builder.

The most annoying thing about Upside down world imo is the many prickly sticks through the whole level. [not in your picture] They can be a real nuisance. I suggest bashing under them.

That pic btw, is the SegaMasterSystem version I believe, which is quite different in appearance from most other versions. Original the grass is on the bottom.

When you said " that's not actually what I'm talking about." Are you thinking of a different level?
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 09:42:16 AM »
When you said " that's not actually what I'm talking about." Are you thinking of a different level?

That's just me flexing my admin powers. ;P  VBB originally thought he was thinking of level "Island of the Wicker People" and started the first post with that level name as the Subject.  But later after showing the picture he took, it was actually of "Upsidedown World".  Normally I wouldn't bother but since this is on the Help board, I figured the post should at least be listed up on the board with the right title (ie. right level name) so anyone visitors in future who has trouble with same level can actually find this thread.  I first edited the first post's subject text as I think that affects what shows up on the board and the "recently updated topics" list on the home page, and then I edited subject text of all posts after the one where the correct level name has been identified.  The ones in between are left as-is.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 12:06:07 PM »
Upsidedown World.

In the DOS version, I loosely recall a bug with mining the leftmost one-way walls. If mining them fails, bash them instead.

-- Simon

This applies to all DOS versions, and all one-way-right walls. Miners will take one stroke at them, then stop and turn back. Bashers have no problem with them. You can mine from further left then bash if need be.

An oddity that is specific to this level, is that a small area of ground underneath the trap is in fact steel. No idea why they chose to do that on this level but not any other.

There's a level map from the DOS version.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)