Author Topic: DAT File Tool  (Read 3785 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
DAT File Tool
« on: June 14, 2015, 02:17:52 AM »
So, someone was having trouble with QuikPack (which I don't really blame them for, it's a horribly outdated tool with many options that are mostly irrelevant now, and isn't very user-friendly, not to mention its DAT compression isn't very efficient either). So, I put together a new tool for managing DAT files; primarily those containing levels.

http://www.neolemmix.com/old/lemtools/DatPacker.exe

It's primarily designed for use with DAT files that contain level packs, but it works with any compressed DAT file, and any contents in them. It can add and remove sections, reorder them, and extract them. Although designed with NeoLemmix in mind, it should work perfectly fine for DOS / traditional Lemmix DAT files too (with the caveat that each section in the DAT file must not exceed 64KB in the case of DOS, and there's probably some upper limit on the DAT file's total size there too; there are effectively no limits when using with NeoLemmix or with recent versions of regular Lemmix).

Hope you guys find use for it! :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: DAT File Tool
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 04:17:58 AM »
Both a name and a sentence

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 04:29:25 AM »
Wow. Such irrelevance. Very random.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 02:41:25 PM »
Wow. Such irrelevance. Very random.
STOP

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 03:10:59 AM »
Just a small typo: if I open a DAT file and extract all the level files, there is a dialog box that asks if I want to manually choose filenames. The "Yes" and "No" seem to be flipped around; if I say "Yes", it doesn't manually choose filenames and automatically extracts the levels, and if I say "No," it prompts me on where to save my levels and what the filename should be.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 10:21:49 AM »
Fixed. :)
My Lemmings projects