Author Topic: Problem with Cheapo sets  (Read 6058 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Problem with Cheapo sets
« on: June 08, 2015, 06:45:35 AM »
Uh i had this problem with when making this level everything is out of place when i played it in NeoCustLemmings

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Problem with Cheapo sets
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 07:19:13 AM »
It doesn't load properly in the editor for me; in NeoCustLemmix it works but does seem a bit weird.

It seems the version of Orig-Fire with NeoLemmix Editor is lacking one-way objects. Your level has them; which suggests you might have made it with an older version of the graphic set (prior to the new NeoLemmix format). This is the most likely reason for the inconsistencies, as the old format ones did have extra padding to conform to the old format's requirement of widths divisble by 8 (thus meaning any horizontally-flipped pieces will be slightly off-position) - I'll make sure the next update fixes the lack of one-way arrows in these graphic sets, but there isn't much that can be done about the mispositioning. I might see at some point if I can come up with a tool to adjust them automatically.

By the way, I would really strongly advise you to stop putting other users' names in your level's designs when those people had little to do with the level...
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 01:23:27 PM »
I reuploaded the current version of the editor with fixed copies of these graphic sets, since it's unlikely there'll be an update too soon. I also included the LPIV Clockwork set in the re-upload.

For those who already have the latest version, and just want to get non-broken copies of the Cheapo styles, I've attached them to this post. Pop them in the styles/Cheapo folder. This is only nessecary for the editor; NeoCustLemmix's copies of them aren't missing the one-way arrows.

Please make sure that if you have old-format copies of the graphic sets (ie: "g_xxxx.dat" and "v_xxxx.dat", instead of just a single "xxxx.dat" file), delete them. This is becuase, due to format limitations, the old-format versions of them add empty space to the right edge of all terrain pieces and objects, which causes these positioning issues with horizontally-flipped pieces. When they're then used with the new-format versions of the graphic sets, these placement issues occur. I haven't yet put together a tool to fix this.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 09:29:17 PM »
Deleted and replaced them
and i still have the problem

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 12:34:35 AM »
Your level loads in the editor with the new styles, I specifically tested it. I did not claim the updated styles would fix the positioning issue, in fact I explicitly explained why they wouldn't. Using them will make sure you don't have any issues like that on new levels.

I'll try to put together something to fix levels made under the old versions later today.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 01:00:18 AM »
okay because i really want to play this level

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 01:14:04 AM »
Is this the *only* level you have that exhibits this problem? If so, it's probably simpler for me to just fix this level than to try to put together a tool that fixes it.

EDIT: Is this how your level should look?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 01:58:51 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 02:09:56 AM »
Yes

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 02:11:28 AM »
Okay, see this post for an editor update that has a feature to fix this issue, and instructions on how to perform the fix. Read the instructions before attempting anything. If you're not sure about what you're doing, read them again. If you're still not sure, try it, and keep a backup of your level files before doing so. If you still can't get it, ask me.
My Lemmings projects