Author Topic: Converting Lemmings Reunion From Lemmini to NeoLemmix  (Read 15430 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Converting Lemmings Reunion From Lemmini to NeoLemmix
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 05:49:39 PM »
Problem solved. Made a mistake :-[:-[:-[ everything is in order ;P.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 07:39:24 PM »
Finished porting the levels of the first rank of Reunion into NeoLemmix format! :) Made also replays of the levels (The custom style levels only function in the editor test mode of course) and added more decoration than before due to no limitation like in normal Lemmix. More stars, trees, clouds and stuff for the shadow levels :D
But this was prob the easy part, because no big conflicts with the mechanics from Lemmini in the first rank.

There may be still a few "one pixel off" terrain shinanigans, but I don't think I will find every single one of them on my own (if they are at a place not relevant to the solution).

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 06:50:31 PM »
Only 40 levels left to convert! 8-)

Music is also nearly ready and already converted (90MB overall   ~ 40 tracks) and got the first positive answer from one of the three guys who created some of the musics tracks:laugh:. The rest is "free to use" .
The music of all three creators already have a free download link underneath them, but I felt that at least I shloud inform them that their music might be in a game if they give the OK (apart from that most of the tracks were already lemmings related and they might be very happy to know about this:)).

Who these creators (and their awesome music) are will be revealed in the actual release post. This will be my little secret for now! :evil:

Side note: I noticed that the autosteel function does not properly work with converted custom Lemmini tilesets (was not a deal at all though, as I used my old steel areas). I guess the steel pieces are not properly labeled as steel, but I think that would be nearly impossible to fix (I just want to inform ;)).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 12:26:09 AM »
^ Now that you mention it, yes, they wont' work with converted Lemmini tilesets, as Lemmini tilesets have no support for labelling pieces as steel. (SuperLemmini tilesets, on the other hand, do.) Of course, you could manually mark the pieces in the graphic set tool, but this would take a while - and indeed, it's probably quicker to use your existing areas. Just check that they do cover the steel terrain properly; it's possible they may not in some cases (being 1 pixel off due to rounding).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 09:06:31 PM »
It's done!
All 150 levels are converted and I also have working replays of them. 8-)

Now only the menu logos (main logo+difficulty rating logos) are missing (on hold now as LemMain is giving me non usable pictures as patterns) and the Flexi toolkit needs to support a longer music playlist, then it will be put together!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 10:55:32 PM »
If you have 150 levels, I'd assume you wouldn't have more than 150 musics at most? The toolkit should support up to 252 tracks... if it's not letting you put in this many, it sounds like a bug. PM or post here exactly what happens, whether htere's a consistent point, etc.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 11:17:34 PM »
If you have 150 levels, I'd assume you wouldn't have more than 150 musics at most? The toolkit should support up to 252 tracks... if it's not letting you put in this many, it sounds like a bug. PM or post here exactly what happens, whether htere's a consistent point, etc.

I thought it is still in the making, then it will be fine. I give the levels the track numbers in the editor and create the actual music list in the Toolkit.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 12:27:25 AM »
From V0.99 of the Flexi Toolkit onwards (though I would recommend use V1.00, as it has the NeoLemmix V1.35n-B player which fixes a few bugs), the music track number can also be edited in the toolkit itself. Just double-click on any level in the level listing, and this brings up a popup menu where you can set the preview and postview texts as well as the music number. Of course, setting them in the level editor still works fine too - it's entirely up to you which method you prefer.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 05:51:51 PM »
Everything is working now and I've gotten also the OGG music outsourced in a music.dat. :8():

Final testing (+ readme + release post) time! 8-)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2015, 07:48:43 PM »
Awesome! Looking forward to finally being able to play it without having to deal with Lemmini. :)
My Lemmings projects