Author Topic: Player V1.33n-B, Editor V1.33n-C Released  (Read 4234 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Player V1.33n-B, Editor V1.33n-C Released
« on: May 02, 2015, 08:13:53 AM »
Alright so, the major update here is, say goodbye to the limit of 128 objects, 1000 terrains and 128 steels per level. And no, I haven't just increased it to some even larger arbitrary number - there's no limit now! :D Additionally, most level files are likely to be smaller than 10KB now; some very simple levels may even be smaller than the 2KB size of a traditional Lemmix level.

The "mass level dump" feature saves in this new format, so levels dumped by it will not be compatible with older versions of NeoLemmix.

On the other hand, the NeoLemmix 2KB level format is no longer supported by the player. It's very unlikely that any levels are in this format - it became no longer the primary format as of V1.16n-B, and as of V1.25n the editor no longer supported saving this format; back at this time I was pretty much the only one making NeoLemmix levels, and I've long since upgraded all my levels to newer formats. In the unlikely case anyone does still have levels in this format, the editor does still support them, so you can load and re-save them with the editor. If you have a large number of them, you might want to use the Mass Convert feature; just choose NeoLemmix for both the source and destination formats. 2KB DOS or traditional Lemmix levels are still supported.

At least for now, there's no official update for any of my games. I might do one later, but since there's no bugfixes or new features that'd affect them, I didn't see the need. Unofficial updates are provided, of course (these are only on the DropBox link, not the NeoLemmix Website one).

Player V1.33n
-------------
* A new level format which removes all of the following limitations is in use:
   - Limit of 128 objects
   - Limit of 1000 terrains
   - Limit of 128 steel areas
   - Limit of 32 entries in the window ordering
   - Piece IDs cannot be higher than 255
* Levels are no longer limited to 32 functioning entrances
* The very first NeoLemmix level format (DOS / traditional Lemmix format with the
  unused bytes) repurposed is no longer supported; any such levels must be upgraded
  by either mass-dumping from an older-version NeoLemmix player, or opening and
  saving them in the NeoLemmix Editor. *Actual* DOS / traditional Lemmix levels
  can still be used. The not-as-old 10KB level format is still supported, although
  all of the players have been upgraded to the new variable-sized format.

Downloads
(DropBox)
NeoLemmix Website: Players | Cust | Flexi

Editor-wise, the obvious addition is support for the new format. That aside, you can FINALLY edit the window ordering in NeoLemmix and SuperLemmini levels!

Please note that you must use at least V1.33n of NeoCustLemmix to use the editor's playtest mode with this version (you can use existing versions of traditional CustLemmix and SuperLemmini; no problems there). Likewise, at least V1.33n of NeoLemmix is needed to play levels made / edited with this version.

Also, the Candy style from Lemmings Plus IV has been added to the included graphic sets. (The other LPIV styles haven't been yet.)

Editor V1.33n-A
--------------
> Window ordering can now be edited, rather than just preserved.
> An unlimited number of window ordering entries is now supported in both NeoLemmix and SuperLemmini
  levels, rather than only 32 in NeoLemmix or 128 in SuperLemmini
> Due to use of a new level format, NeoLemmix levels are no longer limited to 128 objects / 1000
  terrains / 128 steel areas

Please note: NeoCustLemmix V1.33n or higher is required for NeoLemmix playtest mode with this version.

Editor V1.33n-B
---------------
> Fixes a bug with negative object coordinates in NeoLemmix levels.

Editor V1.33n-C
---------------
> Fixes the bug where graphic sets would not be found when loading levels if their filenames (or foldernames
  in the case of Lemmini/SuperLemmini) were not all-lowercase.

NOTE ABOUT CHEAPO STYLES: If you have old versions of the Cheapo styles (as two seperate files, eg "g_orig-dirt.dat" and "v_orig-dirt.dat" rather than just a single "orig-dirt.dat" file), DELETE THEM!

Downloads
DropBox
NeoLemmix Website
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:24:52 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: Player V1.33n, Editor V1.33n-A Released
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 03:53:54 PM »
We have pushed the limits.....OFF A CLIFF :lem-mindblown:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.33n, Editor V1.33n-A Released
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 01:35:07 AM »
Released V1.33n-B update for the Editor. This fixes a major bug when saving levels with objects at negative coordinates; thanks to Nepster for reporting it.

The bug was purely with the editor, and as such, no player update is needed.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.33n, Editor V1.33n-B Released
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 02:32:44 AM »
Reuploaded the editor and Flexi Toolkit; not with a new update to them themselves, but just to update two of the graphic sets. As such I haven't given it a new version number. The updated ones are Dirt and Dirt (Genesis); with a fix to the bear trap's trigger area; it's now one pixel taller. The most noticable effect of this is on Fun 21 / Mayhem 26 of Orig.

The same fix will be included in the next NeoLemmix player updates too.

If you've already downloaded Flexi Toolkit V1.33n or Editor V1.33n-B, rather than downloading the entire editor again, you can just download the two updated graphic sets and place them in the styles/NeoLemmix folder, I've attached them to this post. They can similarly be used with NeoCustLemmix (in non-playtest mode; for playtest mode you just need to update the editor's copy) by simply placing them in the same folder.

(EDIT: If it's the Flexi toolkit, redownload the whole thing, as it's also been updated to V1.33n-B. For the editor, you can still just download the graphic sets if you already have V1.33n-B.)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 03:35:18 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.33n-B, Editor V1.33n-B Released
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 03:33:52 AM »
Player V1.33n-B update.

Player V1.33n-B
---------------
* Fixed the following bugs:
  > Release rate changes during replays may occur a frame late, causing a significant difference
    in the spawn time of the next lemming in some cases
  > By using replays or backwards frameskips, multiple skills can be assigned in a single frame,
    including mutually incompatible skills (or the same skill twice) to the same lemming
  > In specific terrain setups, swimmers can move below the bottom of the level
  > In specific terrain setups, platformers can move one pixel inside terrain on their final brick
  > The release rate sometimes would display incorrectly after a frameskip during a replay, backwards
    frameskips or loading states
  > The bear trap in the Dirt style (including the Genesis version of it) has a trigger area 1 pixel
    too short for some levels using it to function correctly
* The "Swimmer" skill can now be assigned to a lemming that is mid-drowning

No fix yet for the cloner-adjusted percent / pickup skills bug; but since it's purely cosmetic (and only applies when using cloner-adjusted percentages, and in very few levels), it's not too urgent. The main reason though is that I had already compiled and uploaded (but just not announced) this update when I discovered that bug. :P
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 03:41:46 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.33n-B, Editor V1.33n-C Released
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 11:13:25 AM »
Editor V1.33n-C update released. This is just a single bugfix, albeit one that could potentially be very annoying.

V1.33n-C
--------
> Fixes the bug where graphic sets would not be found when loading levels if their filenames (or foldernames
  in the case of Lemmini/SuperLemmini) were not all-lowercase.

Download link in first post.
My Lemmings projects