Author Topic: Level pack topic  (Read 196507 times)

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Level Database
Re: Level pack topic
« Reply #180 on: July 09, 2005, 02:03:18 AM »
what about LemEdit2?

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 09, 2005, 02:26:04 AM »
?  Huh?  What about it.  Maybe you don't know why this is a problem.  I'll explain in steps how I would usually transfer files to the internet.

1.Put the file onto my brother's computer via our network in the basement (not connected to the upstairs).
2.Put the file on a disk using the floppy drive in my brother's computer.
3.Bring the disk upstairs.
4.Put the disk into my mom's (note: my mom's.  I can't use it for level editing  >=E ) computer.
5.Transfer the file over the upstairs network to the mac.
6.Get on the mac and put the file up on my mom's server.

done

Without my brother's computer, I'm cut off from the world as far as my lemmings activity is concerned.  It's all because my stupid floppy drive is broke...

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Level Database
« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2005, 03:38:28 AM »
that's much too complicated... are both the upstairs and downstairs networks connected to the internet?

JM

« Reply #183 on: July 09, 2005, 02:55:01 PM »
Quote from: Insane Steve  link=1089136533/135#143 date=1119883563
The walkthrough solution exploits an in-game glitch -- make sure only one lemming is in the level when you use the command.

Although, tumble_weed figured out a much, much better, not cheap solution to the level. So there is another way, if you care to find it.

I now know that for some levels you have to save 1 lemming which will take your score up to 100%.When they come out you activate the nuke and then the lemming gets to the exit and its 100%.That is not the only level you have to do that with.

I played on Tumble Weeds level Looking Out For Number One and you have to do that sort of thing.I played on one   of Conway's levels Dyslexia and you have to do that sort of thing aswell.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2005, 02:59:45 PM »
I already told you, the downstairs computers do not have the internet. &#A0;I know it's complicated but the last time my mom hooked up my computer and my brother's to the internet, it was a disaster. &#A0;A worm got into my brother's computer and mine and ate something like 1000 files. &#A0;I'm surprised our computers still work. &#A0;How did the worm get in? &#A0;Well, Ax and I are stuck with old 98 computers that have no virus protection. &#A0;The computers themself have low ram and about 6 gigs of hard drive space. &#A0;They were doing what we wanted them to do...until there was a sudden release of a bunch of games where the minimum requirements said "WIN98SE/ME/WIN2000/XP"...gr...oh, and the ones that didn't say that said "Minimum RAM: 256Mb" even more grrr...

I hate that. &#A0;Oh well. &#A0;Nothing I can really do about it.

Oh, and by the way. &#A0;Last night I got into Ax's computer, and the stupid video card was okay, it had only come unplugged &#A0;XE . &#A0;So, I plugged it back in, tightened up some screws, and then it wouldn't boot &#A0;XE . &#A0;So, when I rebooted it, I started in safe mode, and got rid of the stupid drivers mom tried to install to fix the problem even though the computer specifically said it was a hardware problem, and that fixed it. &#A0;I suppose the drivers were causing a conflict that was bad enough to stop the system from booting.

In short - I fixed it. &#A0;I can put up levels again (and get them!).

JM

« Reply #185 on: July 10, 2005, 05:11:21 PM »
When I finished making all 15th level packs my friend GM who likes lemmings aswell thought he would like to make some levels so we made levels in two level packs and we hope that everyone who downloaded them enjoyed playing them.

http://www.geocities.com/jmjm0052005/JMGMpaks.zip
That is our two level packs we made.Both pack has a level with extended graphics.

http://www.geocities.com/jmjm0052005/JMpaks.zip
That is my 15 level packs I made.

None of the levels in the packs seem to have problems but if you find problems you can also e-mail me at thetransplants2@hotmail.com

Well Timballisto I'm glad you can put up levels again.

JM

« Reply #186 on: July 12, 2005, 10:33:20 AM »
Most of my levels are currently being re-maked.I hope there is no problems in them.

Turn Around
replaced with
The ground above has a gap

Get Hammered
replaced with
We don't need any help (revisited)

Control It
replaced with
How to handle a one way block

Satanic Mary Poppin's land
replaced with
Figure it out remake

There's more levels that are going to be replaced aswell but I haven't figured out what to call them yet.

JM

« Reply #187 on: July 12, 2005, 04:45:54 PM »
http://www.geocities.com/jmjm0052005/JMGMpaks.zip

One level in JMGM02.dat has been slightly modified.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 13, 2005, 05:09:30 PM »
I might upload a levelpak, if I can manage to hook up my old comuter with the Null Modem cable. (if that's even possible)

JM

« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2005, 01:26:08 PM »
Hopefully that should be possible.How many level paks do you have?

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2005, 04:48:20 PM »
One.

JM

« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2005, 09:43:40 PM »
Cool

JM

« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2005, 09:08:13 PM »
Are you able to upload it?

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2005, 03:32:32 AM »
Not yet, but soon. I'm busy atm.

JM

« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2005, 11:43:05 AM »
No problem. My friend GM is helping me re-make some of my levels and it is still going well.