Author Topic: Level pack topic  (Read 201682 times)

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
Re: Level pack topic
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2005, 09:43:51 PM »
WE HAVE CONFIRMED THAT THE MACHINE IS COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL

Now announcing my second level pack. &#A0;The name of it, I can't really remember right now so read the readme to find out.

Please tell me what you think!

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2005, 09:29:12 PM »
So...uh...has anyone tried it yet?  Who still uses lemedit???

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2005, 12:10:29 AM »
Sorry, haven't had time to check it out yet, but I'll do so soon.

JM

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2005, 05:59:38 PM »
I will be making some levels soon.Hopefully if the mouse works in Lemedit because i've got Windows XP.

Here are some of the level names

Come back!
Sound Control
Mirror's Reflection
Again and Again
Almost over
Build a bridge
Take a look around
Stalemate
Break Stuff
Trust?
Destroy All
Control It
Shadow Zone
Dead World
Radio is Dead
Head for the Barricade
4 Walls
Mudshovel
14 Shades of Pink

Conway

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2005, 01:17:21 AM »
If you manage to get mouse support in LemEdit in XP, please let us know how! Nobody here can do it either. :-(

However, if you download Cheapo, you can make levels for that instead!

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2005, 03:30:02 AM »
Oh yeah, Timballisto, I tried out your pack a couple days ago (but temporarily lost internet so I couldn't post about it). It's pretty cool, there are still a few levels I haven't beaten, but I didn't spend too much time yet.

For "The Icey Collision", I think the exit is misaligned (Y-coordinate, or perhaps Z), because my lemmings didn't go in. Then I thought maybe there was a hidden exit, but I guess not.

For "But it's down there!", this has actually been done before. See Garjen's "Nuclear Bomb", I forget what pack #. (I'm trying to think, there might be another level that uses something similar.) It's still cool, but there's one thing you should be aware of, and that's that you can get much more than 6% by ending early. Why wait for all 80 lemmings to come out, when your score is based on the percentage of lemmings that have come out *so far*?

My solution to "Lemming Tool & Die Co." didn't use the climber at all, and it wasn't as complicated as yours. I won't say what it is exactly, but it was fairly straightforward.

Nice scenery :)

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2005, 10:39:26 AM »
lol.  Thanks about the scenery.  I'm surprised you still have some levels left to beat, considering that you made the others all look easy!

Out of curiosity, could you PM me the solution to "Lemming Tool & Die Co." that you used?  I thought it might be easy to backroute, but for some reason, I never saw any!  I guess this happens a lot.

Oh, and I had the same problem on the ice level to, only I thought I fixed that  O_o.  Oh well.  Guess I just have to fix the pack.

What levels have you solved?

Conway

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2005, 05:30:41 PM »
Oooh, what a fun levelpack! Yes, the scenery is very good. I enjoyed these levels very much.

The Icy Collision - There is the problem with the alignment of the exit, but this can easily be solved by building a few steps into the exit. Or why not put a small step behind it to elevate the lemmings as they walk in? That's what I do.

The Ultimate Miner - This one was fun, and it uses a smart trick. Have you tried my 'A Springboard would be Handy'? It uses the same trick, but admittedly it's less visually impressive.

It was April, 1954, when . . . - Probably my least favourite. It just seems about placing the builder and bomber, and it's frustrating as well, and not in a good way.

But it's Down There - Yes, this has been done before, and if you wait until you have 18 lemmings out, with the builder and blocker in place, you can use the nuke and it will calculate the percentage out of just the eighteen. I managed 33% that way. Still, cool level!

Lemming Tool and Die Co. - I don't know what the intended solution is with a climber. I must have used the same backroute as Shvegait. It's a fun level, even with the backroute!

Transmission Interruption Lemming - What's the intended solution? I passed it, it just seems overly simplistic for this far in the pack.

Lemmings vs the steel industry - Nice level!

The Lon Lon - Took a while to figure out; I like that. What's with the title?

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2005, 07:13:33 PM »
Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for trying the levels. &#A0;I'm glad you liked them all. &#A0;I put a fair amount of thought into them, more so than my other ones that's for sure. &#A0;So, for my second pack, is this pretty good?

So...wait...you played Tool and Die without the climber, but you used everything else? &#A0;Hmm. &#A0;Methinks that maybe I need more time between when a floater lands and when it burns up! &#A0;But, if I am to fix my problems I must know the back routes. &#A0;I would appreciate a PM with the backroutes, especially for Transmission Interuption Lemming, which I already fixed once in testing.

The Icey Collision thing I will fix eventually. &#A0;It takes a good time to relaunch a pack due to data transfer issues.

Oh, and "The Lon Lon" is what I named a level because I design in the basement, and my game cube is in the basement, and we have the legend of zelda ocarina of time for game cube, and my brother was goofing off in Lon Lon. &#A0;There you have it.

Oh, and about Transmission Interuption Lemming-have you read the readme with the pack?  It contains all level solutions, so you can find the intended one there.

Conway

« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2005, 01:45:54 PM »
The solution I used for Transmission Interruption Lemming isn't much simpler than yours, but it does use one less builder and saves 92%. Here's how:

Lem1 from the right builds against the first step and turns, builds to catch the free-fallers, then make lem2 mine from right-hand wall to make a path for the others. When the bridge is far enough, make the builder mine. Finally bash the wall to the right; release rate 99. In fact, if you make the last lemming who would have died from the left, build where he lands to delay him, you can use the spare builder and save one more; 95%.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2005, 07:53:01 PM »
That's almost identically the solution I used as well.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2005, 07:55:34 PM »
Is that route really even preventable without so much change in the level as to altar the original solution?  It doesn't sound like it is!  Nice solution by the way.

JM

« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2005, 05:51:49 PM »
im working on some level packs at the minute.here are names from some of my upcoming levels.

Hold On
Boiler
Stalemate
Trust?

JM

« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2005, 05:52:10 PM »
has anybody else made any levels that are available for download?

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2005, 07:13:50 PM »
Hi and welcome here JM! B)

We have a lot of levels for you to download, you can find them here:

Garjen Website

Also, some levels are available in downloads in this topic, search in each page of it! :D
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...