Author Topic: [OLD] Player Bugs / Suggestions  (Read 122064 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player Bugs / Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
I can guarantee there isn't, but Chrome tends to be fussy. Try the NeoLemmix website download link:

http://www.neolemmix.com/old/neolemmix/CustLemmixNeo.exe
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2015, 10:58:28 PM »
It gives me an Shellexecute fout 5 error when i try to make a level

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2015, 06:25:58 AM »
Hm, you're not the first person to report this problem with newer versions. DynaLem had this issue too, but said it went away when he made sure he had the latest version of both NeoCustLemmix and the NeoLemmix Editor - though I'm not sure why this would make a difference as every version (except the ones before this feature was added) implement it in exactly the same way.

I'm going to have to look into this more. If anyone is having this problem, can you let me know:
- What version of NeoLemmix Editor you're using
- What version of NeoCustLemmix (or regular CustLemmix, as the case may be) you're using
- What style of levels you're editing (eg. CustLemmix, NeoCustLemmix - basically, what "game" are you choosing from the editor's menu when making the level)

Some possible fixes:
- Though I don't see why this would matter, DynaLem said the problem went away for him when he updated to the latest version of both
- Make sure you have NeoCustLemmix if testing a NeoLemmix level, and regular CustLemmix if testing a standard Lemmix level
- Try running the editor as an Administrator, or putting it in a folder that doesn't need admin or specific-user priveleges to access

If all else fails, a workaround:
1. Save the level as 0101.lvl
2. Boot NeoCustLemmix directly
3. On the title screen, press F3 to go into the settings menu, and turn Look For LVL Files on (you only have to do this once, not every time)
4. Play the first level of Step 1, this should be your level you want to test

You can also do this with regular CustLemmix (though the settings menu key is F4 in regular CustLemmix), but only if you're using Orig or CustLemmix style; this is due to the numbering of the graphic sets. (In the recent versions of NeoLemmix, it has a way of determining the graphic set that isn't just dependant on a number.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2015, 03:35:11 PM »
1.NeoLemmixeditor V28n-A
2.The one that you linked me to yesterday
3.I Selected NeoCustLemmings to make a level
Edit: did the or else fails and everything's a go

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 12:34:19 AM »
Okay, I'll have to look more into this error as a lot of people are getting it.

Anyway, between this and your levels, I've realised (and I don't know how I didn't think of this sooner) that really, NeoCustLemmix is missing one very important feature that Lemmini and SuperLemmini have - the ability to load a single LVL file, without having to use LookForLVLFiles as a workaround. It'd probably be a bit of work to implement this (not too much though), but if there's interest, I'd be happy to implement it.

EDIT: Actually, it wasn't that difficult as most of the code used for Test Mode could also apply to single level mode.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:43:40 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2015, 05:07:48 AM »
Found something interesting.

When I use a Stoner while the Unalterable Terrain gimmick is on, the lemming still turns into stone. Since the stone lemming counts as terrain, shouldn't the lemming just simply disappear instead of turning into stone with that gimmick on (like how the builders' steps disappear while building)?
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2015, 05:42:52 AM »
Indeed it should. I'll make sure to fix that in the next update.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2015, 07:46:24 PM »
If you decide to make a few new skills here is what i have
Hanger - Climbs on ceilings
Dropper - Drops from ceilings
Timed bomber - Works like a classic bomber but with a bigger blast
Excavator - Mines upwards
Wall jumper - jumps on wall and off walls
Engineer - Makes a Rope machine that you could aim in 16 directions and fire
Bomb thrower - Throws a bomb at an angle and blast a hole in the terrain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2015, 10:53:29 PM »
I'm not planning to add any more skills. There's a topic in the General Discussion board about possible new skills; you might want to post these there, in case someone working on another clone sees them there and thinks "hey, that's actually a pretty neat idea". Thanks for the suggestions though.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2015, 03:54:28 AM »
Looks like there's a Mechanic Glitch.

I'm making a Brick level for my third pack, and it seems that despite the mechanics destroying the wheel trap on the left they still continue to destroy it. Every mechanic that approaches the trap destroys it. Attached is a level illustrating this.

I've pre-assigned the trapdoor so that mechanics come out of it.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2015, 05:06:27 AM »
The reason this happens is a simple oversight by me when coding the Mechanic skill; it's because mechanics' removal of trigger areas doesn't take into account the flipping of the object. I'll make sure to fix that in the next update.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2015, 05:03:31 PM »
Pre-placed blocker glitch.

Even with the No Gravity gimmick on, the pre-placed blocker still winds up on the bottom of the screen. Attached are images illustrating this.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 05:11:03 PM by DynaLem »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2015, 05:08:46 PM »
This is meant to happen under normal conditions (the blocker is moved down until it's standing on something), but indeed it shouldn't when the No Gravity gimmick is in effect. I'll make sure to fix that one too.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2015, 02:19:18 AM »
Just to be sure:

With the Single Skill gimmick on, if I use a cloner on the lemming, the regular lemming cannot be used again, but the cloned lemming is still able to be assigned a skill. Is this an intended behavior?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2015, 03:09:37 AM »
Hm, that's a good point. Technically, by the time the clone exists, a skill *has* been assigned to the source lemming.
My Lemmings projects