Author Topic: cLemmings  (Read 20615 times)

Offline exit

• View Profile
cLemmings
« on: December 18, 2014, 11:08:41 PM »
cLemmings is a set of levelpacks mimicking the actual game(in number of levels and the styles used).

These are the current cLemmings levelpacks:

cLemmings
The original cLemmings pack. Levels are somewhat similar in style to the original, but different at the same time.

Oh No! More cLemmings
The ONML version of cLemmings. Consisting of very non-original style levels, difficulties vary extremely.

Holiday cLemmings 1994
The Holiday Lemmings entry in cLemmings. Levels are very different in style to the original.

cLemmings Ultimate Edition
A cLemmings pack not based on any game. Difficulty is very standard throughout the whole pack.
Just released!

Download links can be found here: http://www.clemmings.altervista.org/download.html

If you have any comments/suggestions/ideas, post them here!

Thanks to Eric Langedjik for the original lemmix engine.
Thanks to namida for help with custom players.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:34:40 AM by exit »

Offline exit

• View Profile
Re: cLemmings
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 04:50:04 PM »
Well, due to me having quite a bit of trouble with the player builder, I've decided to release cLUE in levelpack form.

And, yes, all of the levels are possible.

I ran into some problems, so to play these you'll need to use this somewhat customized style setting file.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:08:45 AM by exit »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 01:26:46 AM »
Hey, what trouble were you having with Flexi? Did it not work properly, or did you just find it too hard to use? If it's the former, can you PM me with details (including, can you attach a ZIP of your "data" folder)?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 01:46:04 AM »
It didn't work properly, so I posted on the CustLemmix topic.

You replied to my post, and I replied back, but then the server move started and probably didn't have time to reply.

Anyways, I'll still PM you my data folder.

Thanks.

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 02:10:03 AM »
Here it is!
The all-in-one cLemmings Ultimate Edition player!

I'm looking forward to any feedback you have to offer!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:36:45 AM by exit »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 02:24:44 AM »
I'll give this a go very soon! :)
By the way, you might want to add the download for it to your website. :)

EDIT: One suggestion. Rename the EXE to something specific to your pack, like "cLUE.exe". It will still work fine. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:36:58 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 02:46:48 AM »
I've moved the download to the website.
Please redownload the pack if you've already downloaded it, because it changes simple 4 to not be impossible(sorry)! :-[

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 02:57:22 AM »
I wondered about that - that's the level I got up to so far! I'll have a go on the new version.

Anyway, as far as the first three levels go - quite nice, though I think I might've backrouted Simple 2. I'll send you my replays when I get a bit further. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 03:03:26 AM »
I know which backroute you're talking about. I'll fix that when I update it.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 03:17:38 AM »
I redownloaded it and Simple 4 still seems to be impossible - I don't notice any changes to it, to be honest. If you hadn't actually fixed it yet (I did notice Cheat Codes are enabled in the new download, so your intention might've just been for people to skip that level for now?), my suggestion would be to get rid of the sign by the exit (on the right) - there's a very clever solution that would work without that sign in the way and still remain quite tricky to discover.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Indeed, I checked the timestamps of both the original and "updated" version and they're identical. If you did change the level, you forgot to upload the correct updated version.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 03:31:54 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2014, 04:20:26 AM »
I skipped that level, but I've solved every other level up to Simple 16 so far. As for Simple 15 - is it meant to have a 0% save requirement? :O I was able to get 98% here, I think 100% might even be possible.

(By the way, weren't the ranks meant to be 32 levels each? Or is it 32 levels total? Simple only seems to have 16...)

Simple 16 was definitely the best level so far! :)

EDIT: Up to Complex 6 now, still thinking about how to beat it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:04:12 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2014, 01:31:17 PM »
I've played through the whole pack, and beaten all except Simple 4, Complex 6 and Complex 8. Check your PMs for replays and more info. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 01:51:36 PM »
Oh gosh. You've done a lot of things.

The updated version lowers the save requirement on simple 4 to 93%. I think you might've overlooked it.

Complex 6 is 100% possible.

Complex 8 won't take you too long(if you use the spacebar to skip every ten seconds, bridges take about ten seconds to build, so the long waiting is completely removed).

I guess I forgot to put in a save requirement. :scared: It's meant to be 98%. Will definitely fix that.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 01:59:53 PM »
Nope. I downloaded it right after you posted saying it had been updated, and again just now, and both times it's still 98%.

I'll take another look at Complex 6 and Complex 8 either soon or tomorrow.

I got 98% on Simple 15, so looks like I'm fine there. I think 100% might be possible even, but I didn't bother making further effort to achieve this (yet, anyway).
My Lemmings projects

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2014, 02:12:07 PM »
Here's what I get when I run it(image attached).

I don't know why you're getting 98%.