Author Topic: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (closed topic)  (Read 16076 times)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
Re: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (Currently: Round 2, Section 3)
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2014, 05:50:19 AM »
Definitely "Postcard from Lemmingland" for me because I was stuck on that level for an age!  Fun 11 would be the other choice for me because it stumped my five-year-old self as to how to get on the other side of that apparently-impenetrable wall... plus the design is so simple and to the point that it carries an air of beauty about it.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2014, 01:09:41 PM »
This was a heartbreaking round for me -- although I voted for the two that are currently in the lead, all six levels here have a special place in my heart. Fun 10 isn't that special in itself, but it inspired one of my best custom levels, "Drop the Dead Lemming" (as it's known in RotL) / "Come on down to my place" (its name in Lix). Fun 11 was a fun level to play, the first to use the Rondo alla Turca, and I love the solution where you dig the whole wall away. Fun 20, I just like for the name. Tricky 19 had me stuck for a long time too -- then I found the no-miner solution before the intended solution! This inspired another of my custom levels, "Have a bash at it!", which ccexplore mercilessly backrouted -- this was my harsh introduction to the whole design-and-backrouting process. Now I've taken so long to write this post, I forgot which other levels are in this round  :P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2014, 11:05:18 AM »
Qualifiers are:

Fun 20 "We are now at LEMCON ONE"
Tricky 19 "Postcard from Lemmingland"
Mayhem 18 "And then there were four...."

Next round is up.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (Currently: Round 2, Section 4)
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2014, 04:46:43 PM »
I've reset the vote counts for the latest round as I noticed that at least two people have voted for three levels. I'll stress once again - read the poll caption, not the "You may select up to three options" text (as I have said, I cannot edit the vote limit that the board enforces, I can only put a note saying "vote for up to blahblah levels"). If this happens again, I'll have to consider making a new topic every time the maximum vote count changes, which could get very annoying.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (Currently: Round 2, Section 4)
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2014, 05:23:09 PM »
Alright, seems someone either can't read or is deliberately voting for three levels to mess things up. I'll create a new topic now.
My Lemmings projects