Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Open Air [Difficulty: Medium - Hard]  (Read 47771 times)

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Open Air [Difficulty: Medium - Hard]
« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2024, 10:07:52 PM »
Yeah, I agree the LWT-theme suits really well to the Eurovision contest. I must admit I know hardly a song from there - that's not quite my kind of music, I'm a punk-rock-guy. That's why I liked the inclusion of the Dropkick Murphys ("Shipping up to Boston"). On the other side I was a bit irritated by "Ich und mein Holz", especially since I am German. This song is so terrible ;). But the level was a good one as far as I remember.

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2024, 10:20:29 PM »
Loud-rank solved after quite some time. Generally spoken i found this rank harder than the previous one as it should be. Halfway through the pack right now, I expect a steep increase in terms of difficulty right now for the Heavy-rank cause that's what I heard about it. Let's see...I'm not always the quickest, but I'm tenacious.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 10:33:41 PM by Swerdis »

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2024, 11:00:02 AM »
Good job, Swerdis! ;)

Yes, the first Jumper level isn't too difficult - it can't be, since this is the level that introduces the Jumper within LOA.
That's just what happens when a skill gets introduced in the middle of a pack's development:
All the levels from the first two ranks were already done, so rather than making one Jumper tutorial level on the first rank, and then never featuring it for the remainder of the first two ranks, I dedicated the first two ranks to the Shimmier (which was the first new skill LOA introduced, compared to World Tour). And only once the player knows all the main tricks with the Shimmier, the Jumper gets thrown into the mix.

"High tide" is a Jumper crash course, though, because it already requires pretty much all the things the Jumper can do. For someone potentially encountering this skill for the first time in LOA, that's still a lot to take in. Obviously, that's not the case if you've already played a bunch of other packs featuring the Jumper in the meantime. But as far as I recall, LOA was one of the first larger packs that came out shortly after the Jumper's introduction.

Quote from: Swerdis
I was a bit irritated by "Ich und mein Holz", especially since I am German. This song is so terrible

Just wait until the (Baseball) Batter is introduced into SuperLemmix. :P Then I'll make a level called "Ich haue meinen Lemming mit dem Schläger auf ein Holzbrett"...
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2024, 05:21:12 PM »
Just wait until the (Baseball) Batter is introduced into SuperLemmix. :P Then I'll make a level called "Ich haue meinen Lemming mit dem Schläger auf ein Holzbrett"...

Oh my God. I know the allusion...that's one level higher, indeed :-)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2024, 06:37:45 PM »
Then I'll make a level called "Ich haue meinen Lemming mit dem Schläger auf ein Holzbrett"...

One problem, though. The maximum number of characters allowed in level titles is 40, and so some of this will get cut off :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2024, 10:48:20 AM »
Does the character limit also still apply to SuperLemmix? :D

There were already a few song titles I had to shorten in the past, such as U2’s “I still haven’t found what I’m looking for”.

In this case, I could just shorten this future one to “Ich haue meinen Lemming auf ein Holzbrett”… :P
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2024, 10:52:47 AM »
Yes :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2024, 10:02:47 PM »
I'm really enjoying the videos that you are putting up on YouTube. Excellent! 8-)

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2024, 07:08:53 PM »
Now that the Heavy-rank has been fallen, it's time to go Hardcore. I still enjoy the pack very much, there are many clever puzzles here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 10:44:42 PM by Swerdis »

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2024, 04:41:14 PM »
Congrats for beating the Heavy rank, Swerdis! :thumbsup: As said on YouTube, your solution to Hardcore 01 is a backroute, but I have no idea how to fix it without having "double one-way arrows" at my disposal... :evil:
My packs so far: