Author Topic: flockers  (Read 3738 times)

lemmer

flockers
« on: April 10, 2014, 09:01:11 PM »
Thought you folks might be interested in this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRjwxxIa9TM&feature=youtu.be

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
Re: flockers
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 09:39:26 PM »
Interesting, and perhaps not surprising considering that Team17 was tasked with the PSP and PS3 Lemmings titles! Indeed, the game looks strongly reminiscent of those, which is no bad thing.

I like the idea of spinning this off from Worms, too.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 03:05:17 AM »
Harsh to judge the game without playing it, but this is what I gathered from the video (in Lemmings Level Review format for no particular reason :P):

GOOD: I like the mass assignment of skills (everyone under the cursor gets assigned). Could be useful in Lix. The "formations" are a novel idea - it looks like it places a group of cubers (using the Lix terminology) that you can free later using another skill.

Also SUPER SHEEEP! :D

OKAY: I know the gore will appeal to some people, but it doesn't do it for me.

BAAA-D (pun intended): Background looks like foreground in some places (like in Lemmings Chronicles, but worse because it's animated). The moving parts mean you can't judge the level by looking; you have to get on the moving platform to find out what triggers it and where it goes. I groaned audibly when they showed the teleporter, and even louder for the gravity flipper. Time limits exist, which probably means there are harmful ones down the line.

lemming_1

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 07:10:19 PM »
So Flockers has been out since September, has anyone tried it? It really does look beautiful, but I wonder if it's worth the price...

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 07:36:44 PM »
I haven't, I must admit. Whilst I'm happy to see that they do support my chosen OS, the requirement for 8GB of space and the use of Steam are both a no-go for me.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Has anyone tried Flockers?
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 06:43:10 AM »
I found this game whilst looking at a video games shop and I thought I'd just post here to see if anyone has tried it. AFAIK, It's a A to B puzzle similar to Lemmings, and you guide the sheep through deadly obstacles inside a factory. The obstacles here are much more dangerous than that of Lemmings. There are 60 levels (with another 6 bonus levels), and many ways to customise your sheep. I heard that the PC version comes with a level editor.

So yeah. Anyone tried this game? And if so, is it worth buying?
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone tried Flockers?
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 08:45:40 AM »
There was some brief discussion in this thread. I haven't tried it myself but it looks a bit too chaotic for me. Flashy, moving parts like that bedazzle and confuse me.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone tried Flockers?
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 04:42:59 PM »
Whoops! I didn't notice that someone else posted the same thing. Maybe I can't see threads that start with a lower-case letter? Oh well. I'll close this then.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3