Author Topic: Lemmings References  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
Lemmings References
« on: March 02, 2014, 07:47:22 PM »
I've been thinking of this topic for a long time already, and I don't know why it doesn't exist yet. So, post here Lemmings references that you have encountered or will encounter! References can be more or less stupid, fun, vague, anything. :)

The idea of this topic comes remotely close to the topic Lemmings spotted in real life!. Please note though that you are allowed to share here pretty much every Lemmings related reference you'll find from games, music, literature and any kind of popular culture, just for examples.

------------------------------

Here's one that has been posted in a Finnish site where people upload random pictures:

Vocabulary:
Suomalainen työura = Finnish career
Poliisi = police
Verottaja = tax collector
Eläke = pension
Nuori ja osaava työvoima = young and competent labour
Sossu = social welfare office
Halpa viina = cheap booze

This picture has been posted at least in kuvaton and riemurasia.

- - - - - - - - - -

The question #97 in Impossible Quiz Book Chapter 2 game has a Lemmings reference. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzenNmxSd1Y
Look for time 10:14 - 10:16.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 03:27:47 PM by Akseli »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lemmings References
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 10:17:08 AM »
Right, so we learn that you must bash (underneath) the states' executives. :)

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 10:37:11 AM »
You must remove the "ground" they stand on and cause them to fall down to the same place as you.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 09:06:14 PM »
This piece of paper I cut from a weekly newspaper nearly 10 years ago and I definitely wanted to keep it. I found this funny especially because in this “Closeup” column they introduced terrifying monsters like Cyberdemon from Doom or Titan from Unreal, and then they just put a Lemming there, too. :P

“Closeup”
Introducing the toughest monsters in computer games.
Lemming
Game: Lemmings (1990).
Size: Several pixels.
Weaponry: A strong urge for wandering.
Equipment: For example: climbing claws, a parachute, a pickaxe and a backpack full of building bricks.
Territory: Is found globally in strange places.
Utterance: Small and cuddly, shrieks when getting started to move.
Moving: Walks there where the nose points.
How to destroy it: With carelessness, and inability to both protect and lead to the correct way.
Last words: They will mostly end their day silently, but they will make a mild sound when exploding: “Bbop!”