Author Topic: Sega Maser System Musics  (Read 7354 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Sega Maser System Musics
« on: January 09, 2005, 07:52:24 AM »
I FINALLY managed to obtain the SMS version musics from somewhere - in their original format(.vgz). Yay for me. Just thought I'd share this pointless info. I can't remember the site, but if anyone wants me, contact me on MSN as teh_snep@hotmail.com, or on Yahoo or AOL as Steaver370.

Also. My comments about these musics. They are just AWESOME. Three of the four musics unique to SMS version are also very good. If you didn't already know - the order is different to PC version:

Sega: CanCanP, Lemmin1P, Tim3P, Lemmin2P, Tim8P, Tim3P, Tim5P, DoggieP, Tim6P, Lemmin3P, Tim7P, Tim9P, Sega1P, Sega2P, Sega3P, MountaiP, Sega4P (TenLemsP, Tim1P, Tim4P and ForestP are not in the SMS version)

PC: Lemmin1P, Lemmin2P, Lemmin3P, MountaiP, TenLemsP, CanCanP*, Tim1P, Tim2P, Tim3P, Tim4P, Tim5P, Tim6P, Tim7P, Tim8P, Tim9P
*In the windows version, this music is moved to the start

I must say the best improvement between a PC version track and the SMS version is Tim9P, with Tim6P coming in as a close second.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Re: Sega Maser System Musics
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 10:58:37 PM »
You left out DoggieP and Tim10P in the PC version's music list, and also the 4 music for the PC "special" levels.

I'll e-mail you later and see (or rather, listen).  Of course, given the primitive state of PC sound hardware back in the days, it's hardly a surprised that the music from any of the console versions would sound better than the PC version.  I would especially like to compare how the SMS sounds compared with the SNES, and maybe the Amiga if I can find their music.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 11:48:50 PM »
This site has all the Amiga songs, but it's in a "jukebox", not downloadable files:

http://www.deveria.com/alexis/lemmings/lemmings/music/lemjuke.html

I personally like the PC music better than Amiga, but they both have their good and bad points. A couple of the songs in the Amiga version seem to be missing an instrument/track that is in the PC version (listen to Track 2 and you'll know what I mean), but a couple sound better than the PC version. It seems the treble in the PC versions is more prominent, and in the Amiga versions the bass is more prominent.

Random question, in the other versions of Lemmings, does the music always reset to the first track when you lose or go to the menu, or is that just in the PC version? (And if so, are you stuck listening to the Can Can all the time or is it Lemmin1P?)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 10:30:28 PM »
The sega version is fixed no matter what. Lose, you still get the same music. Go to the menu, you still get the same music.

Even if you access the level via password or the cheat Level Select menu, you still get the same music.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 10:39:57 PM »
Okay. I lost the stupid password to my MSN addy, but you can still contact me on Yahoo or AOL for them.
My Lemmings projects

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 03:08:16 AM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1105257144/0#2 date=1105314530
Random question, in the other versions of Lemmings, does the music always reset to the first track when you lose or go to the menu, or is that just in the PC version?

I can tell you that in the SNES version the music is also fixed by level.  I suspect the PC music behavior to be a bug.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 11:07:28 PM »
Oh! The Amiga songs are like the ones in the Dos Lemmings. But I prefer the Dos ones.

Also, I made midis that are REALLY like the Dos songs of Lemmings. Email me if you want to listen some of them (bcs I haven't completed them all). I have also remixes I made myself.

Also, it could be great to get songs from ALL lemmings versions: Atari ST, Nintendo, SNES, SMS...
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 12:41:35 AM »
Ok, I'll e-mail you later.

One reason I'm interested in all this is that recently in playing someone's levels, I were exposed to the music from the XXXLemmus styles, and I felt that some of the music there can use a little improvement.