Author Topic: just a minute part I and II  (Read 3500 times)

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
just a minute part I and II
« on: January 04, 2014, 08:16:17 PM »
I just discovered that these two levels are a very little bit different, graphically.
I always thought it was one of the 'duplicate' levels...

Offline arttu98

• View Profile
Re: just a minute part I and II
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 08:57:59 PM »

That little platform is missing in II.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 10:06:50 PM »
That's right arttu

I remember a long time ago I never knew what the difference was because of bashing through the wall straight away. It did take me a while to figure out what the difference was as well, I guess Ericlang might of played the level the exact same way as myself.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 12:36:49 AM »
I think I noticed it when I first went there in the PSP.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 01:29:37 AM »
Ah ok :) Now I remember. From the DOS days!
Hey @Luis could you make your picture a bit smaller. It takes a lot of screen :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 06:50:35 AM »
I too didn't notice that for a long time. I therefore thought Part II was easier, due to having more skills.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 02:58:15 AM »
I always found it strange that I'm apparently the only one (here anyway) who not only noticed the difference, but distinctly took advantage of that extra terrain (to hold the crowd) in my original solution to part 1.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 12:56:31 PM »
Don't worry, you're not alone  8)  Though I first solved the levels on the Mac, where the solution to Part 1 is as simple as digging into that holding area and bashing across. Part 2 is only slightly more complex: bash into the wall, dig deep enough to hold the lemmings, resume bashing.

I had a rude awakening when I first played the Genesis version and found that this didn't work! The solution I eventually found was, indeed, to use the holding area as it's meant to be used -- and I solved Part 2 by constructing a similar holding area just inside the wall.

Incidentally, Parts 1 and 2 being non-duplicates is necessary to complete the pattern: 40 pairs of duplicates and 40 individual levels. Also, except for We All Fall Down, every duplicate pair has one member in the first 43 levels (up to Tricky 13) and one member in the last 77.