Author Topic: Digging on steel to turn around?  (Read 3523 times)

Offline keiya

• View Profile
Digging on steel to turn around?
« on: November 30, 2013, 10:16:03 AM »
According to the tutorial levels, you can dig on steel to turn around. This, uh, doesn't seem to work, meaning many of the Lixs on the top part of that map are doomed to walk off the edge and die.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Digging on steel to turn around?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 10:19:08 AM »
This doesn't happen in any version of Lemmings that I know of, so I'd be surprised if Lix did it. *Miners* will turn around if they hit steel or a wrong one-way (due to a glitch in the DOS version, they will turn around if they hit a one-way right wall, even if they're facing right; but they will mine through one-way left walls without a problem as long as they are facing left. This glitch is presumably not present in Lix, definitely not present in Cheapo or Lemmini, *is* present in Lemmix (including LPDOS and Revenge of the Lemmings Lemmix players, but not LPII), and I don't know for sure about anything else).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline keiya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 10:35:27 AM »
In that case, the bug is in the tutorial map. Changing either is fine, but the actual mechanics and the explained mechanics should probably agree  :P

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 10:41:06 AM »
The tutorials are older and need amendment, yes. A couple new ones have been made by geoo and me, but they didn't cover everything and haven't been included in the release yet.

Turning the diggers on steel got discussed at some time, the consensus was that they shouldn't turn.

Glad the game runs for you with no problems. :-)

-- Simon