Author Topic: "The Brundles"  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
"The Brundles"
« on: August 07, 2013, 09:03:06 AM »
I was just wondering if anyone else knows of this somewhat obscure Lemmings knock-off hailing from 1993 (a time when wholesale cloning of famous games from other platforms still occurred - as opposed to the present-day situation where no-one would dare, except for vendors of iffy monetised "free-to-play" mobile telephone games :P). I learned about it on the fine site, Lemmings Ports.

It's called The Brundles, and it's for the 8-bit Atari XL/XE computers. It's pretty well-presented, and was made by a company called KE-Soft. It seems to be a very good effort at recreating Lemmings, and it's pretty interesting since it has different music and some very different tilesets to the real thing - for example, the first level's theme is In The Hall Of The Mountain King, and the second level has extra skills available, and its tiles have a bit of a techie look to them, instead of using a knock-off of the pillars style.

Apparently it also had a level editor available, but I don't know if that was supplied with the game, or had to be purchased separately from KE-Soft.

There's a decent video of it here, check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83YOTj6f2sg .

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
Re: "The Brundles"
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 01:55:49 PM »
Ah, good old Lemmings Ports, I love that site. :D

It would be nice to try and make the Brundles tiles in the Original Lemmings 1 style.