Author Topic: Lemmings 2 sprites  (Read 4052 times)

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
Lemmings 2 sprites
« on: August 01, 2013, 02:40:43 PM »
Hi there everyone. I'm new on this forum, and I just wanted to ask if somebody has got  the level backgrounds of every tribe in the SNES version of Lemmings 2. :) Or if somebody knows how to rip them, it would be helpful. Thanks for your time!

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings 2 sprites
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 09:32:29 PM »
Hi Raymanni

Wellcome to the forum

Sorry I won't be able to help you with that one but I'm sure someone will lead you in the right direction hopefully.  8) 

Lemmings two the tribes was a brilliant game I thought, I really like the music in the Atari st version.  :thumbsup:

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 01:27:38 AM »
Welcome to the forums!

In some emulators, in particular snes9x, it's possible to toggle which planes to display. So you could just disable rendering of the foreground/sprite/whatever else plane and just display the background plane, and then take screenshots.

I ripped the graphics of the DOS version of Lemmings 2 once, but that doesn't have backgrounds: http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=329.msg8284#msg8284

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 08:21:55 AM »
Thanks you! I'm going to try the emulator you mentioned.  :D

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 09:09:47 AM »
Raymanni from "Betilla's Gardens"? Nice to see you there as well! :D

I'm supposing here you're going to pick up the Lemmings 2 sprites in order to use them into a Rayman level? Say, the opposite is also possible and could be... interesting.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 11:17:30 AM »
Why hello there.  :D I actually need the sprites for my latest Lemmnigs fan game I'm working on. It's similar to the Onekey from Nitrome:
http://www.nitrome.com/games/onekey/#.Uf97LG1Mfcs

I also managed to get the backgrounds from the SNES version with the snes9x emulator.  :thumbsup:

And I like the idea to use the Lemmings 2 graphics in Rayman Designer. Maybe I should create PCX about them?  :)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 10:21:12 AM »
This surely could be possible, but I wonder what kind of strange Rayman world it would give, especially when Lemmings 2 sprites are more reserved for small Lemmings and not a giant Rayman. ;P
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 11:07:02 AM »
This surely could be possible, but I wonder what kind of strange Rayman world it would give, especially when Lemmings 2 sprites are more reserved for small Lemmings and not a giant Rayman. ;P
Hahah. :D That's true. The Lemmings 2 sprites are really small compared to Rayman, and they are not so 3D-ish.