Author Topic: Introduce My Lemmings Pack  (Read 13193 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce My Lemmings Pack
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 03:27:49 AM »
thanks for the player, this makes it easier imo.
I started playing from the beginning in Tame. As Akseli mentioned you have some pretty unique levels.  :thumbsup:

levels that stood out so far;

Sacrifice - this is a rarely used concept (if I solved it correctly, perhaps I should make a replay...) Possibly the only reason I solved it so quickly is because I made one like it based on seeing ccexplore solve a challenge.

Create Nothing to Existence- It's like I am A.T. except somehow you accomplished making the concept much less tedious an annoying. Very nice!

ROCKY XI - again, this concept can be precision demanding but this level makes it nicer that way.

Currently stumped on He needs to build time. Very interesting level.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 06:22:43 AM »
This LemmixPlayer can play all my levelpack except Wicked 08 because this level needs VGASPEC3.dat, but this file must be embedded Lemmix exe file.

But I thought VGASPECs can be included in customized LemmixPlayer?  After all, didn't namida's LemmixPlayer for his own LPxxx packs have VGASPEC levels too?  Anyway I guess I'll let you and namida sort that out.

VGASPECs can be included in a customized Lemmix Player (including one built based on OhNo); the problem is I don't have a copy his VGASPEC file. His links were broken at the time I made it, the one uploaded here only had the LVLs. VGASPECs can't be included *externally* in the same way LVL files can, they *must* be compiled into the EXE (or the code modified to look for external ones).

And no, none of the Lemmings Plus packs use any VGASPEC levels. LPDOS uses a custom oddtable.dat, and LPII uses custom main.dat, groundXo.dat and vgagrX.dat files, but neither uses any vgaspec's.

This level was the first one that stumped me for a while, too. The solution isn't overly complex, but it's fairly well hidden.

------------------------

EDIT: Updated the Lemmix player to have the new levels. The VGASPEC is also included in it now. Download link remains the same, as ssam just reposted the link that I sent to him. (This is fine - I just send the link privately so the level's author can decide if/when to release the player.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ssam1221

• View Profile
    • My custom lemmings download and solution videos
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 08:34:44 AM »

This level was the first one that stumped me for a while, too. The solution isn't overly complex, but it's fairly well hidden.

What part, 1, 2, 3 or 4? I think 1 and 2 is not hard.

EDIT: Updated the Lemmix player to have the new levels. The VGASPEC is also included in it now. Download link remains the same, as ssam just reposted the link that I sent to him. (This is fine - I just send the link privately so the level's author can decide if/when to release the player.)

Thanks a lot!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 08:48:43 AM »
Do you mean which part of the solution? Or are there multiple version of the level (like with We All Fall Down, No Salvation or Floater Frenzy)?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ssam1221

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 08:51:49 AM »
Do you mean which part of the solution? Or are there multiple version of the level (like with We All Fall Down, No Salvation or Floater Frenzy)?

I mean which part(level). Just same level naming, but different level.
Part 1 - Tame 12 / Part 2 - Crazy 17 / Part 3 - Wicked 04 / Part 4 - Wicked 18

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 07:38:13 PM »

I mean which part(level). Just same level naming, but different level.
Part 1 - Tame 12 / Part 2 - Crazy 17 / Part 3 - Wicked 04 / Part 4 - Wicked 18

I only played Tame so far, so part 1 I guess. I'm not a lemming master so I get stumped easily. Akseli solved it but agreed it was tough.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline ssam1221

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 02:23:32 PM »
Sorry for my mistake. This is a level file, Wicked 05 - Keep your hair on Ms. Lemming.
Download this lvl file, and put to same folder of LemmixPlayer. Open ini file and set LookForLVLFiles to 1, and you can play Wicked 05 correctly.
I overwrite 0405.lvl to Wild 03 level.