Author Topic: Introduce My Lemmings Pack  (Read 13123 times)

Offline ssam1221

• View Profile
    • My custom lemmings download and solution videos
Introduce My Lemmings Pack
« on: July 04, 2013, 04:17:20 PM »
Hello. My nickname is ssam1221, and Korean lemmings fan.

I'm interested in custom lemmings, especially tricks and glitch.
I introduce you to my lemmings levelpack.

I recommend you play ver3 because ver1 and 2 is too bad quality(There packs build more than 10 years ago).
I'm using LemEdit. I love DOS version lemmings because it's BGM.

You can download my lemmings levelpack on this page: http://ssam1221.tistory.com/category/Custom%20Lemmings/ssam1221%27s%20Lemmings - 2013/10/30 version. Go page and just click "ssam1221Lemmings.zip".
 - Based on DOS ONML, and include DOSBOX and Game launcher.
My youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/ssam1221
 - You can see level solution videos and download newest version. If above download link is crashed, you visit my youtube channel and download newest my lemmings levelpack.

Some level infomation(Ver.3) :

Tame 12 - He needs to build time
Number of Lemmings 4 / 100% To Be Saved / Release Rate 99 / Time 2 Minutes
00/00/00/00/05/00/03/00

Crazy 05 - Honey, I Killed The Lemmings
Number of Lemmings 50 / 94% To Be Saved / Release Rate 1 / Time 4 Minutes
50/02/03/00/05/00/00/00

Wild 05 -
Number of Lemmings 80 / 10% To Be Saved / Release Rate 1 / Time 9 Minutes
00/00/00/00/00/00/00/00

Wicked 08 - Lemmings of Persia
Number of Lemmings 80 / 100% To Be Saved / Release Rate 50 / Time 3 Minutes
02/18/03/01/15/18/05/08

Play my levelpack, and please feedback what is good or bad, or backroute.

Thanks!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce My Lemmings Pack
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 04:27:15 AM »
glad to see you hear ssam. And thank you for including Dos box and game launcher file with your upload. :) Especially because I find Dos box difficult to use.

that last level looks really cool  8) Where do those graphics come from?

and what's with that black level? Is it an invisible level?
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline ssam1221

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 04:57:37 AM »
Hi mobius.

"Lemmings of Persia" level graphics from game "Prince of Persia" Level 1. Image from google search.
I used this tool : http://ssam1221.tistory.com/attachment/cfile23.uf@257F364D5193B85215E208.zip
You can create your custom special level graphics. Its tool is very easy to use. Just select 960x160 7-color BMP file, and automatically convert BMP to DAT file.

Black level is an invisible level, and also have no tools.
But this level can solve.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 07:10:00 AM »
Wow, I've had a look at a couple of levels (ver3), and it looks like a really solid level set!
The levels I had a look at were really well thought out and good looking.  It's also cool to see it come with a launcher right away and even a special graphics level (looks like you found ccexplore's tool and made something of it, you're as far as I remember the only one apart from me who's actually made a serious level with that), you definitely know your stuff.

The only thing that kinda prevented me from playing further is the lack of fast forward in DOS lemmings. (Finally listening to the DOS BGM again is pretty nice, but doesn't quite make up for the lack of fast forward).
I was wondering, do you have a list of levels in their in-game order, or even better a sorted folder of the .lvl files corresponding to the levels? Because then it'd be easy to turn this into a Lemmix (has all the glitches ONML has too) level set, and I'd definitely be up for helping with that and then playing through the set with fast forward. :)

Offline ssam1221

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 12:26:52 PM »
Hi geoo.

Unfortunely I'm not familiar with Lemmix Editor.

If I convert .dat file to ,lvl file and play with Lemmix, some level crashed
because some of GROUND#o.dat and VGAGR#.dat file is different.

My setting is :
0 : Dirt     1 : Fire     2 : Marble   3 : Pillar      4 : Crystal
5 : Brick   6 : Rock   7 : Snow     8 : Bubble    9 : X-Mas
and my custom VGASPEC3.dat.
But I don't know Lemmix settings.

Here is level order(DAT file):
Tame   Crazy   Wild   Wicked   Havoc
10-0   0-1   9-2   9-6   7-4
10-1   1-0   7-0   4-6   5-3
10-2   1-4   7-1   9-0   3-2
10-3   2-0   7-2   9-1   2-7
10-4   2-1   7-3   0-5   2-4
10-5   3-0   7-5   9-4   2-3
10-6   3-1   8-6   6-1   5-2
10-7   3-5   0-7   0-6   1-7
11-0   5-1   2-2   1-2   1-1
11-1   5-4   2-5   8-7   0-3
11-2   5-7   3-3   4-1   0-2
11-3   6-7   3-6   5-5   0-0
11-4   0-4   4-0   6-0   4-5
11-5   1-5   4-2   6-2   8-5
11-6   1-6   4-4   7-7   1-3
11-7   2-6   5-0   8-1   8-2
12-0   3-4   6-3   9-7   8-3
12-1   3-7   6-5   9-3   5-6
12-2   4-3   6-6   8-0   8-4
12-3   6-4   4-7   7-6   9-5

Example : 7-6 is Dlvel007.DAT in 7(6+1 because first level number is 0)th level

Lemmix is some different from DOS lemmings.

If level has 2 dimension, DOS Lemmings lemmings release order is 1st dimension - 2nd dimension - 1st dimension - 2nd dimension - ....
But Lemmix lemmings  release order is 1st dimension - 2nd dimension - 2nd dimension - 1nd dimension - ...

How can I fix level crashed and lemmings release order, and use special level in ONML Lemmix?

PS. I add .lvl files.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 05:36:54 PM »
Thanks for the level list and .lvl files!
I noticed that you swapped vgagr6/ground6o with vgagr8/ground8o compared to the usual CustLemm setting, so levels with rock and bubble style will have their styles swapped and don't play properly in Lemmix.
I wrote a little program that changes your levels so they now conform to the CustLemm standard. These levels now play fine in Lemmix Editor. See attached.

For LemmixPlayer, things are probably a little more involved, so I'll have a look into that some other day.

Offline ssam1221

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 06:06:15 AM »
Thanks. It works well. All levels are no crashed.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 02:01:01 PM »
Hi ssam, and welcome to the forums! :thumbsup: I love how Lemmings is loved all over the world, wasn't Mad4Maniac also from Korea? : ) Hey, I remember your levelsets from YouTube, I encountered them at first like 1,5 years ago, but I'm pretty sure they weren't downloadable back then. Last April I downloaded your packs from your channel and tried them out. Playing levels in DOSBox is nice variation, but yeah, when it especially comes to precision needing hard levels, some tools like fast forward, are somewhat desired.

The only reason that I haven't played your packs through yet is that your last pack is still in progress, and you update it all the time, am I right? :) I guess I want to play the whole leveset through if/when it's completed!

I'm definitely looking forward to your packs! Keep up the great work, ssam. :)

Offline ssam1221

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 04:57:43 PM »
Hello Akseli.

Yes. Mad4Maniac is Korean user.
My lemmings is currently building in progress.
But now I haven't idea for building new level. If I have good new idea, I will build new level.
Maybe someday I complete my levelpack. For now you know, Wicked 09 complete. 31 levels remain for complete levelpack.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 01:50:08 AM »
I was playing some of your levels today (not many, but several)
I really liked Avalanche! also Bridges of Crows and Magpies was a lot of fun.

You need bashers this time: I like this concept however I kind of also hate levels like these because its always tedious and hard because builder placement has to be so precise. If it weren't for that, these types of levels would be really good. First level I played like this was "Everything you don't need" by geoo and it stumped me for a long time.

I'm currently stumped by Keep your hair on Ms Lemming and A Harmonious Lemmings Life
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline ssam1221

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 02:24:37 AM »
Thanks for playing my levels.

You need bashers this time: I like this concept however I kind of also hate levels like these because its always tedious and hard because builder placement has to be so precise. If it weren't for that, these types of levels would be really good. First level I played like this was "Everything you don't need" by geoo and it stumped me for a long time.

Yes, this level needs too many builders and must using builder densely so spends too much time...
 (Its level must be convert to Lemmix version so player can use fast foward.)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 03:00:08 AM »
만나서반가워요~!
원하면, 저는 Lemmix player를 만들어줄 수 있어요... 제 Lemmings Plus DOS Project이나 Lemmings Plus II를 해봤어요? 그 게임처럼 해줄께요~
(그런데 저는 한국사람이 아니지만, 대학교에서 한국말을 배우고 있어요.)

제가 만드는 Lemmix player는 자주 bomber를 조금 변하는데, 카운트다운 말고 깜빡 폭발하게 해요. 그렇지만 전통적의 bomber도 할 수 있어요. 뭐가 더 좋을거에요?

VGASPEC 파일은 Lemmix의 EXE 안에 있어서, Lemmix player 만날 때 추가해야 하는 거에요. LVL만 그렇게 밖에 있어도 돼요. 그런데 ssam1221씨가 남긴 링크가 안되는데 어디 그 vgaspec 파일을 다운로드 할 쑤 있어요?

----

만들었어요! 그렇지만 그 VGASPEC이 없어서, 이거는 VGASPEC 사용하는 레벨이 안돼요. 그거밖에 잘돼요. PM으로 링크를 보내줄께요.
레벨을 더 만들면 DAT 말고 LVL 파일을 저한테 보내주세요.

*** 수정 ***
전에 업로드한 Lemmix player는 Tame 10가 안돼요... 왠지 알아봐서, 되는 Lemmix player를 업로드 했어요. 링크가 같애요. 그래서 벌써 다운로드 했으면 다시 하세요.

---

Tame의 레벨을 다 해봤어요. Replay도 업로드 했어요. 좋은 레벨은 많이 있어요~~~!!! 그렇지만 Jailbreak, Rescue Range, 등, 이런 레벨은... 여러분이 했던 거에요... 그래서 요새 우리한테 좀 귀찮아요. 그리고 못보이는 레벨은 특히 귀찮아요. 제 Lemmings Plus DOS Project도 원래 그런 레벨은 있었던거지만 바꿨어요... 12번째와 13번째는 재밌는 레벨이에요. 17번째는 100% 할 수도 있는데, 제 replay를 보세요~
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ssam1221

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 10:48:24 AM »
Hi namida. Thanks for converting my levelpack to LemmixPlayer!

Sorry for download page is broken, so I replace new link. This blog page correctly works. Now you can download my newest levelpack.
This zip file contain VGASPEC3.dat in Ver3 folder. This download page will not change while outbreak situation occur.

Because I use LemEdit tool for building levels, so maybe converting .dat files to .lvl files is spend much time.
Yes, some my level solution is repeated others level's. Because these levels are not fresh, so you need not solve thiese levels.
(Actually I created these levels before I knew this site, Lemming forums.)

I see your solutions, and I find some backroutes - especially Tame 17 backroute is too easy solution! - Maybe I will fix this backroutes.
I think that bomber setting is 5-second original setting is better.

I also played your LPDOS I and II(but I solve only few levels), and especially LPDOS II's one-way passing object is very impressed.

PS. Your Korean skill is very good! When I read your reply first time, I think Chrome automated translate English to Korean.
And I received your PM. When I finally compelete my levelpack(maybe Wicked 20 - 80 levels - or Havoc 20 - 100 levels),
I'll ask you for help. Thank you!

-- Below text is same meaning --

안녕하세요 namida님. 제 레벨팩을 Lemmix로 변환해주셔서 감사합니다!

다운로드 링크가 작동하지 않았군요. 새 링크로 대체하였습니다. 이 페이지는 정상적으로 동작합니다. 우선 현재까지 만든 레밍즈 레벨들은 저 페이지에서 받을 수 있습니다.
이 zip 파일의 Ver3 폴더에는 VGASPEC3.dat 파일이 있습니다. 특별한 일이 없는 한, 저 다운로드 페이지는 계속 유지될 것입니다.

제가 LemEdit를 이용하여 레벨을 만들기 때문에, DOS의 dat 파일들을 Lemmix의 lvl 파일로 변환하는 데는 시간이 많이 걸릴 것 같습니다.
말씀하신대로 제 레벨의 몇 해결법은 다른 분이 만든 레벨과 겹칩니다. 때문에 이러한 레벨들은 신선하지 않고, 굳이 깰 필요까진 없을 것 같습니다.
(사실 저런 레벨들은 Lemmings Forum 사이트를 알기 전에 만든 것이라서요.)

올려주신 리플레이들을 봤습니다. 백루트들이 있네요 (특히 Tame 17의 백루트는 정말 쉽네요!). 후에 수정해야겠군요.
Bomber 설정은 원본처럼 5초 카운트가 좋다고 생각합니다.

저도 당신의 LPDOS 두 버전을 모두 해봤습니다(많이 깨지는 못했지만요). 특히 II의 한방향 통과 오브젝트가 정말 인상적이더군요.

추신: 정말 한국어를 잘 하시네요! 처음 글을 봤을 때는 순간 크롬이 자동으로 번역한 줄 알았습니다.
또한 당신의 PM을 확인했습니다. 제가 제 레벨팩을 최종적으로 완성하면(아마 Wicked 20인 80 레벨이거나 Havoc 20인 100 레벨일 것 같네요)
그 때 도움을 요청하겠습니다. 감사합니다!

Offline ssam1221

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 05:14:47 PM »
Hi everyone! I attach my all level file for playing Lemmix engine.

Thanks for namida! He created my own Lemmix player and uploaded it.
You must be use Customized LemmixPlayer - download link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/0spb5549m56srmb/LemmixPlayer_ssam1221.zip
Download this LemmixPlayer and level files I attach, and unpack same folder.

This LemmixPlayer can play all my levelpack except Wicked 08 because this level needs VGASPEC3.dat, but this file must be embedded Lemmix exe file.
I do not test all levels for Lemmix yet, but I think all levels are solvable. You must be use some trick or glitch for solving some levels.
MS-DOS version levelpack is all solvable.

Currently this levelpack contains:
20 Tame levels
20 Crazy levels
20 Wild levels
19 Wicked levels (but Wicked 08 doesn't work now and  Wicked 19 must be modified)
1 Havoc level

Level order is just level creating time order. If I complete its levelpack, I must be arrange level order by difficulty.

If you play my levelpack, please feedback me - backroute, difficulty, fun or boring, and all you want to say about.

Remember! This levelpack is under construction.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 01:51:07 AM »
This LemmixPlayer can play all my levelpack except Wicked 08 because this level needs VGASPEC3.dat, but this file must be embedded Lemmix exe file.

But I thought VGASPECs can be included in customized LemmixPlayer?  After all, didn't namida's LemmixPlayer for his own LPxxx packs have VGASPEC levels too?  Anyway I guess I'll let you and namida sort that out.