Author Topic: What video game(s) are you playing at the moment?  (Read 116179 times)

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
Re: What video game(s) are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2017, 03:07:43 AM »
Farming tickets to get a good prize eh? I've always known there must be people that do that...
Anyway, though I'd like to get a Switch I don't celebrate Christmas so I'll have to save up for one myself. Recent annual tooth cleaning for the cats drained most of my funds. Until then I'm still chipping away at Hyrule Warriors DLC, playing through the Pokemon Ranger games again, fixing Lemmings Squared (almost done with that, actually), and considering remaking my Blockdude engine in Game Maker to make it generally better.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2017, 03:25:45 AM »
Farming tickets to get a good prize eh? I've always known there must be people that do that...

Yeah, we only got into it recently but I think we might cool it down a bit now, there isn't really any other great big prizes to save up for.

We chose the Nintendo Switch over a PS4 Pro and we haven't looked back, it's a great console.
All it needs is some other great games to back it up because the games released so far are looking great!

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2017, 11:45:37 AM »
I bought Nintendo Switch on day one, and have good amount of games for it too. I suggest you check out Arms, especially now that it has released it's final content update. It gets boring quite fast if you are playing solo though, so I suggest you try it out with some friends. ;)

Offline bsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2017, 01:22:46 AM »
I have two relatively new games occupying my gaming time for the last few months.
First game is West of Loathing.  A short description is the game is a comedy western rpg.  An insta-buy for me since I am a long time player of the online rpg Kingdom of Loathing.
The other game is Opus Magnum.  This one is a puzzle game with an alchemy theme to it.  The best new puzzle game this year in my opinion.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2018, 12:56:29 AM »
I bought a few games from steam and I managed to complete the (Marble Skies) game which is quite difficult at times, some of those last levels can be a nightmare. Another game I got was this game called polyball, from what I have played so far this is one top game. The object of the game is to get a fast time and the quicker time you get the better medal you get.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2018, 03:50:07 AM »
I am exhausted but its been done
Ultra Sun Pokedex complete
Big image warning
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2018, 07:17:04 PM »
Meanwhile I'm still sitting here having not beaten Sun yet because I've yet to get bored enough to start it over or continue from where I left off... :-\
I bought Final Fantasy 13 used for 8 dollars and am playing that again instead.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2018, 10:05:28 PM »
Meanwhile I'm still sitting here having not beaten Sun yet because I've yet to get bored enough to start it over or continue from where I left off... :-\
I bought Final Fantasy 13 used for 8 dollars and am playing that again instead.
Check your file before restarting, you don't want to lose anything special

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2018, 06:51:14 AM »
I know for a fact I didn't get anything particularly interesting. Even if I did I don't really care much. I'm not really attached to shinies or anything. I recall wonder trading away all my shinies and other high level mons before starting over in Y.

Offline BBP

• View Profile
    • BB's lair!
« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2018, 03:03:27 PM »
I got Lemmings Revolution to run with the patch, it runs great! :thumbsup:

Besides that I occasionally play Crank and Robot Unicorn Attack Heavy Metal.
Playing: Lemmings Revolution
Solved: 93 - Unsolved: 9 - Unreached: 0
Last completed level: The Long And Winding Road

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2018, 08:02:03 PM »
Games I've been playing lately, I've tried Cueclub 2 which is a snooker and pool game which is really fun, been playing some chuck's challenge which was another I bought from steam. Rocket league is another one I've been playing, this is quite a hard game, I usually go in goals to try and stop anyone from scoring.

A few oldies I've been playing was Jazz Jackrabbit, trying it on the turbo mode which is quite tricky. Another game I gave a try was the crystal caves one which is an interesting little game. You have to collect all the gems on each level before you can escape.

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2018, 07:27:56 PM »
That's me almost completed Enchanted land for the atari st, I've noticed nobody has done a long play for this game yet bu there was one person I noticed played it up until the fish boss then got beat. I could maybe one time record a long play of enchanted land. It's actually been really fun.
That looks interesting! I don't think I've got that game, though...

I've recently been doing another playthrough of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. It's my fifth almost complete playthrough, but I've only finished 2 so far, as I used to have a bootleg cartridge that would randomly lose its saves. When it stopped saving for real I stopped playing the game, and a couple of years ago I bought a genuine cartridge. I played through it once then, but it turned out to be really easy, now that I knew what to do.
Because of that, for this fifth playthrough I have decided to not grind for levels. If I revisit an area I've been before, I'll actively avoid enemies, while in my previous playthroughs I'd encounter all of them for some easy xp. I'm also not buying more coffee than necessary to get E. Gadd's inventions, and so far I have not bought anything from the item shops. I hope I can keep that up, and I think I can. I've begun to run low on Mushrooms and 1-Up Mushrooms, but I've got to Little Fungitown and bought the pair of jeans that makes you get mushrooms from battles, so that should be fine at least.

And the story and presentation is even more fun than last time. :) Every time I play through the game again I notice new things.

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2018, 05:40:57 PM »
Superstar Saga is pretty great. Since it seems like you're trying to keep things challenging, I'd stay away from the Mush Badges. They snap the game in half, literally removing all difficulty from any remaining battles in the game if used properly. It's fun to experience such power at least once, though.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2018, 07:29:45 PM »
Just got "Ultimate Custom Night" last week on Steam and my brother and I played it maybe too much last weekend :P It was free and we're impressed with the quality so far.

For those of you who don't know it's based on the "Five Nights At Freddy's" survival horror game series where you work as a night guard (with the exception of a couple games) in a pizzeria with a bad reputation for a lot of supernatural and bad things happening throughout its history. You have to survive each night during your shift by keeping track and outsmarting animatronic characters that try to enter your office to kill you. In "Ultimate Custom Night" you can create your own night by choosing what characters to have to fend off and their difficulty across the entire series so far which allows for a max of 50 in one game!

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2018, 09:25:17 AM »
Nice, I played UCN too and liked it very much. :D

I now bought Crash for switch, but I won't try it out until I've completed Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.