Author Topic: Lemmini Level Pack Topic  (Read 26771 times)

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
Re: Lemmini Level Pack Topic
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 07:26:02 AM »
Gronkling, did you like my review of your pack? I find a little bit frustrating that I probably can't express myself so deeply that I'd like because English isn't my native language, but I'll always try my best when I write something here.

Yes, it was good. 'u' Your english is fine (probably better than mine a lot of the time  :P )
And yeah, dovelems is really good.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 11:59:56 AM »
Okay, now that Dodochacalo's levels have been brought out, for the best possible playing experience I'll attach the most updated version of DoveLems including an ini-file. There are still lots of backroutes, but it would take a long time before Dodochacalo manages to fix them, so go ahead if you like and have fun! Still, Gronkling's older copy might be good, too. Music order is the same than in L1 in both my and Gronkling's copies.

I find it awesome when someone creates a levelpack size of the original games. I don't know other over 100-level custom Lemmings packs (except for Lix perhaps) than this DoveLems (125 levels) for Lemmini and namida's Lemmings Plus DOS Project (150 levels) for Lemmix. It must have been a gigantic task to create that kind of stuff... and what's the most impressive part, both DoveLems and LPDOS contain top quality levels. I respect hugely these two fellows.

Yeah, Pieuw's Lemmings 2007 (80 levels) can be found on Lemmings File Portal. It was though for Lemmings for Windows/Lemmings 95, which I and nowadays Pieuw too find lame and slow. Of course those levels also can be played in Lemmix, for example. Pieuw said me that he's not very proud of his oldest levels, and he has remade many levels from Lemmings 2007 for his newer Lemmini packs. Lemmings 2007 is still a nice pack, although Pieuw has certainly improved a lot in level designing from those times.

Ah, geoo, now if you really will get your Lemmini to work and you get more familiarized with it, Dodochacalo's levels are definitely what a Lemmini player should give a go. I could praise them forever, but maybe we'll just let the levels speak for themselves. About Gronklems6, I'm not totally sure if it was appropriate to compare it to tseug's pack, but they really resembled each other to my mind. I recently found minor backroutes for levels 7 and 8 of Gronklems6, but go ahead and give this pack a go if you feel like it! I might tell you that if you study Lemmini glitches beforehand, at least two levels will be significantly easier. Don't click the links on Lemmini glitch thread, one of those reveals a solution for one Gronklems6 level! ;)

Offline rtw

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 06:13:12 AM »
First episode of the DoveLems Let's Play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol4HuCnu4aI

I highly doubt I'm going to be finding any backroutes. I grew up with Lemmings and ONML and got good enough to beat those, but if future episodes are any indication, I don't think I'm quite on the level that you guys are  :D

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 11:15:26 PM »
Like I predicted, I enjoyed a lot watching that. Super fun stuff! In addition to L1, ONML and now DoveLems, one can notice from roundthewheel's channel http://www.youtube.com/user/roundthewheelrtw?feature=watch that he has also done these for games like Commander Keen, Jazz Jackrabbit, Mega Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario...

I have to agree with Gronkling's comment on YouTube. I don't have a slightest clue if anybody has ever done that kind of "Let's play" series for a custom Lemmings pack. I can't think of a better pack for that purpose than DoveLems. Crazy stuff! Thanks a lot rtw, it's very entertaining to watch your "talkthroughs"! :thumbsup:

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 12:54:12 AM »
First episode of the DoveLems Let's Play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol4HuCnu4aI

I highly doubt I'm going to be finding any backroutes. I grew up with Lemmings and ONML and got good enough to beat those, but if future episodes are any indication, I don't think I'm quite on the level that you guys are  :D

Yea, I can already tell this is going to be awesome. I've always wanted to try LPing something, this video set might be the thing that gets me into it. Or, alteratively, actually get that notebook set converted to Lemmix or Lemmini or something. Or at the very least finish ISteve11.dat.

Never tried Dovelems, but if their difficulties are like those of a "typical" levelpack from an established custom designer then yea you're going to have all sorts of fun things that are well beyond the original Lemmings games difficulty-wise to figure out. Which will obviously be endlessly enjoyable to watch, for all kinds of reasons.

Very much looking forward to future videos in this Let's Play.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 01:01:09 AM »
Wait, "Lemmini" = "Lem Mini"? How did that never occur to me? :o

To anyone who hasn't seen it already, I highly recommend rtw's lemmings difficulty chart. Truly enlightening :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 03:35:46 AM »

oh wow, you're roundthewheel - haha, a famous person is here  :D

over on the chips challenge community they let's play each others sets all the time. It's about time somebody do so here.

everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 11:37:14 PM »
Never tried Dovelems, but if their difficulties are like those of a "typical" levelpack from an established custom designer then yea you're going to have all sorts of fun things that are well beyond the original Lemmings games difficulty-wise to figure out. Which will obviously be endlessly enjoyable to watch, for all kinds of reasons.

Very much looking forward to future videos in this Let's Play.
I'd almost recommend playing this pack rather than watching the solutions although Lemmini wouldn't be familiar. Playing DoveLems was not only a Lemmings experience for me, it was a huge, unforgettable video game experience for me a year ago when I discovered it. BUT, of course I'd say that most people here would solve those stages without too many troubles which rtw solves, too. And if someone can't stand Lemmini, I understand it. : ) I just wanted to highlight that I really recommend playing this levelset.

I can't wait to see what rtw figures out when levels above mayhem difficulty show up (at first Plain 28, then Coward 5...) or if he ever reaches those levels which stumped me for like over a week (Devilish 30, Maso 8, Bonus 3...). :D

Gronkling made recently a nice tutorial video of setting up Lemmini and Lemmix. :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 03:11:04 AM »
Here I will attach my levels for Lemmini. There are changes where needed to accommodate for Lemmini mechanics. So far I only got my first pack done, but shortly I'll have 2 and (a complete!) 3rd pack here as well.  :) enjoy.

(yeah I'll upload them to the database too)

I'll update it later to include a small info file to go with it
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline rtw

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 03:47:21 PM »
over on the chips challenge community they let's play each others sets all the time

What! THERE'S A CHIP'S CHALLENGE CUSTOM LEVEL COMMUNITY?!? I only have so much spare time in a day, man!!!!!!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 02:19:20 AM »
Here are fully updated Lemmini level packs 1, 2 and 3, finally complete with 10 levels. For those interested, I am working on a fourth. (with 5 levels already in the making!)
You can either post or PM me solutions, backroutes and/or comments.

I try to put the easiest levels in the beginning, but after that it doesn't really follow much of a difficulty curve. None of my levels use glitches. If you find a solution that uses a glitch it is a back-route and I may never bother to remove it.

I'd also encourage the other Lemmini people to post your levels here so people like me can get to them easier  :)

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2013, 11:46:14 PM »
I see the Marble level was changed. I'll play this new version.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 01:09:43 AM »
yeah I forgot to mention I finally got off my butt and fixed some really dumb back-routes. If you're talking about Jacob's Ladder I did make changes but I think they're still a backroute that I don't know how to take out. [actually I just got an idea...  :-\ ]
Also fixed Entrapment (formerly Conundrum).

also you can give me cust-lem replays if you want. >Instead of playing in Lemmini, just open up the ini file in Lemmix, change the style to Custlem then play in DOS mode. Just keep in mind if the solution you have will work in Lemmini or not.

Three's Company became easier in Lemmini, but I don't mind because that particular mechanic makes more sense than it does in Lemmix imo. So I think the solution is cleaner.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 01:43:49 AM »
The level "Rude Mood" was the one I was refering. The exit looks buried. I'll see how Three's Company is on Lemmini. I already beat it on Lemmix.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 08:13:43 PM »
here's a big update for mobius 3 with lots of backroute fixes and some other minor changes.
thanks to Gronkling for finding backroutes  :thumbsup:
Tres Hombres (my contest level) is changed. The solution Pooty came up with is the winner, I'll be sure to mention his name in my notes file if I ever get that done.

@ Gronkling, actually only a few (3 I think) were backroutes) It figures the one "easy" level I thought wouldn't have backroutes, is the one I didn't bother to post in Steve's topic. :XD:

-Hakuin Ekaku