Author Topic: Undamaged Levels  (Read 21160 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Undamged Levels
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 12:03:20 PM »
I think you should add the 100% tag to levels that require it -- for consistency with earlier challenges and because, like Clam's earlier point about the bold levels, it's a way of saying "this one's done, nothing more to do here".

Taxing 100% levels: 3 (required), 9 (required), 10 (direct drop glitch), 11 (required), 16 (previous challenge), 18 (previous challenge).

Mayhem 100% levels: 1 (previous challenge), 2 (previous challenge), 17 (easy; just place the blocker on a bridge, bash to release).

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 12:31:15 PM »
(Don't forget to put the 100% tag on Fun 19, 20, 24, 28.)

According to Clam's description of Taxing 11, it requires a glitch (miner positioning glitch) and should be tagged as such. That meant that glitch-free 100% on the easier version (Tricky 7) still needed to be confirmed. And here it is.

My 666th post  :thumbsup:

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 05:54:35 PM »
But Clam said to put all levels that needs a glitch to be tagged only "Glitch". How to 100 Mary Pop Land?
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2012, 06:30:18 PM »
That's what I meant -- you need to put "Glitch" on Taxing 11. I just mentioned that the miner positioning glitch is used, in case you wondered why the glitch tag is necessary. (Also, don't forget to tag Fun 25.)

Taxing 16 100% is done by the same technique I used in my Taxing 3 replay. How it works: one lemming steps off the previous builder's first brick and builds as close to the first builder as possible. At the correct release rate, before he can lay his brick, the first builder will have laid his second brick in place. Which, in the DOS version (it's been tested on the Mac and Genesis as well), is sufficient to trigger the builder's terrain check and have him turn round. I don't claim any credit for this -- ccexplore was the first to discover it -- but I hadn't done this challenge myself before, so I made a replay :) It turns out to be pretty tight -- if you set up the crowd control any further to the left, one bridge will go under the trapdoor and the rest of the lemmings will walk over it.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2012, 08:21:30 PM »
Even though I haven't contributed, I've enjoyed several replays so far.

Luis' idea for this challenge is great: straightforward, clearly defined, and it's proven surprisingly fruitful.

-- Simon

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2012, 02:21:27 AM »
I figured out a way to do that DOS trick, where you have two builders and one of them ends up getting turned around in the PSP.  :o The way to perform it is different. Make one Lemming build and let the second one walk pass the builder and as soon as he lands, make him build and he will touch the stairs above that the first builder is making and the second one will turn around. With this trick 100% in Mary Pop Land is possible in the PSP. I tried to do the same thing in Lemmix and the second Lemming doesn't turn around when he lands. He just keeps building.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2012, 08:51:19 AM »
Mayhem 15 is already done in the fewest skill types thread, using blockers and builders.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2012, 06:08:36 PM »
Fun 29 is possible in the PSP by walking on the ceiling. I think I should start the 36 special levels in the PSP that minimac wanted now.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2013, 08:46:12 PM »
I finally went back to try X-marks the spot again and it can be beaten by walking on the ceiling. In the PSP version, the only terrain that is above the entrance is a chain, that the Lemmings can walk into, and one of the chains has a hole and they can turn around from there and start walking on top of the level. At the beginning, make four Lemmings build over the gap. The goal is not to try to cross the gap, you're only building stairs that you can bash to create a wall, that can turn the Lemmings around. Let the Lemmings that were building over the gap die and build high above the entrance and reach the chain. 95 were saved.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Re: Undamaged Levels
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2013, 02:13:44 PM »
I discovered a solutions in Tricky 26 that saves three builders, instead of using all 20. This solution is slightly easier than the old one. I wondering if Tricky 26 can be done in DOS, without using the walls in the corners. That brown trap in DOS has a bigger trigger area than the PSP.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.