Author Topic: Undamaged Levels  (Read 21159 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Undamged Levels
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 12:45:33 AM »
Tricky 22, 26 (same as Fun 9) and 28 (sliding!) are done with builders only, and 24 with blockers and builders.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 01:23:39 AM »
I tested Fun 14 strategy and it works in the PSP too. I think I should put in the list that a level is beatable with the sliding.

How do you beat Taxing 3? I run out of builders when trying to delay the Lemmings.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 11:40:42 AM »
Taxing 3 with builders only. (Indeed, since I use only 20 builders, this works on Fun 16 as well.)

How did you solve Mayhem 2 on the PSP? That one also requires sliding, or so I thought....

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »
In Mayhem 2 you can build through the gray part of the cannon that shoots the flamethrower because the cannon sprite is too big, while the old version is small. This makes "Feel the heat" too easy because you can just use all four builders at the beginning to get all the Lemmings out and they will fall through the gray part of the cannon. This makes me think the PSP was rushed.

Edit:

Looks like Taxing 3 is possible in the PSP but requires a different strategy, and I don't really know how to make the Lemmings turn around by having two builders close to each other in this version. It could happen when I'm playing "I have a cunning plan" with a lot of Lemmings building close together.

Step 1: Make the first Lemming build to the exit

Step 2: Make the second Lemming bash the stair leading to the exit to create a ceiling then make him turn around by making him build and do the same with the other Lemmings, to prevent having two or more building to the exit. In the picture I ended up having two Lemmings building to the exit anyway but still beat the level.

Step 3: Make the second and third Lemmings build a stair wall and have the fourth one build to the terrain that's on the left side. When the Lemming that is building to the exit is close to home, bash through the stair wall.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 02:03:36 AM »
Did you guys test Taxing 15? I beat the PSP version of it and I went to play the DOS one and it's more harder because it has those spikes that makes you waste more stairs and the third dragon can turn a Lemming around. I almost beat the DOS version but the Lemming got turned around by a star, when I tried to build an a angle where I wouldn't touch one and ran out of builders. I forgot where the rewind button is in Lemmix.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 06:12:21 AM »
Solved Fun 25 using an extension of the block-through-walls glitch. Here I stacked builders to make walls, allowing blockers to push the lemmings through sections of the fences and web.

edit: and here's Taxing 4, using yet another variation on the same glitch. Here you can block to push lemmings into the wall, remove the blocker, and then block again to push the lemmings further across. And because the wall is steel, you can bomb away the blockers without destroying any terrain :).

---

Taxing 15 can indeed be done without damaging the level, using only builders. I can't find a replay anywhere (though it has been done for an earlier challenge), so I'll attach one here.

In Lemmix, you can restart by pressing r (the game remembers your moves unless you click to stop it), and use frameskip (space) to quickly get back to where you were.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 07:50:13 AM »
How were those discovered? :o Glitch or not, it's added to the list. I'll check if the Fun 25 works in the PSP but it looks hard to do. Especially when the PSP has no rewind. It only has fast forward. Of course this is obvious if you're playing the physical copy of a game, unless they add save state like in Sonic Mega Plus Collection. Did it only took one try? I'll be restarting the level a lot. :P
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 08:15:13 AM »
Does the glitch work at all on PSP? Try it out on Fun 6 (a task for blockers and bombers): gather up the lemmings between two blockers under the entrance, bomb one, and then block just before they reach the wall. If they won't go through, then the glitch doesn't work and these other solutions are impossible.

The basic block-through-walls glitch was discovered long before I found the forums - it's easily done by accident, especially on a level like Fun 6. Using it to get through the fences is something I just thought of today :). The steel variant, I'm not sure. And Fun 25 took many retries to figure out, maybe 20 minutes even with Lemmix's features.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 09:49:12 PM »
The glitch doesn't work. The Lemmings will always stay outside of the walls or steel and when you make one of the Lemmings that's in the crowd a blocker, the blocker will not push the Lemmings anywhere. They will all stay in the same spot. This is a good thing though. I don't have to worry about trying to do the Fun 25 thing without save states.

Fun 21 and Mayhem 26 is possible in the PSP, due to being able to walk on the ceiling.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 09:59:37 AM »
Here's Taxing 11 (The ascending pillar scenario). This barely works, and I pulled out a whole pile of tricks to get it done - the 6-builder wall introduced here, the build-dig-build turnaround, and the miner position glitch to turn around at the other end.

By the way, instead of marking sliding solutions specifically, you could tag solutions that use any glitch, as has been done for some other challenges. Also, Tricky 5 is marked as sliding, but it uses a different glitch, not sliding.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 06:10:27 PM »
What do you mean by tag? You want the list to have a link to the glitch? I checked the other topics and couldn't find what you mean.

Fun 30 in PSP can beaten by making the stairs thinner, by using digger then turn him back into a builder and repeat.

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 06:59:16 AM »
What do you mean by tag? You want the list to have a link to the glitch? I checked the other topics and couldn't find what you mean.

All I mean is write 'glitch' instead of 'sliding', 'block through walls' or whatever else. You can see how it's done in the one skill-type challenge for example. You could tag 100% solutions as well, but it takes some work.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »
I'm gonna have to go back to Fun 14 and 15, to see if it's possible to get 100%. I blew up the blocker just to beat it. I don't think levels that already requires 100% should be tagged with 100% though.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 12:31:57 PM »
Tricky 29 is pretty straightforward at least on DOS version; 2 builders suffice per each of the 3 traps, leaving you with enough to handle the crowd, even 100%.  Non-noteworthy replay attached anyway.  Any difference there on PSP version?

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 06:31:19 PM »
The PSP is the same. You can save 100% with the double stair wall. I'm trying to figure out how to beat "I have a cunning plan" in the PSP. It doesn't have the walls or ceiling. I came up with a strategy but it's hard to pull off.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.