Author Topic: Undamaged Levels  (Read 21106 times)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Undamaged Levels
« on: July 19, 2012, 11:42:28 PM »
There are some levels where they give you destruction skills like the basher, bomber, digger, and miner that are possible to beat without destroying any pieces of the terrains. The first level in the order that does this is Fun 8 "Not as complicated as it looks". It's possible to save everyone there without destroying the terrains. Destroying the stairs from the builder is fine because it's not part of the level, even though the stairs are treated as terrains. It was fun playing Fun 9 like this. You have to build over the pillar to beat it and build some stairs on the other side to prevent height death. I did this in the PSP version though. It should be possible in the old one too.

Levels in bold are ones that doesn't gives you Bomber, Basher, Digger and Miner, so you wouldn't be able to destroy anything to begin with. 100% bold are levels that needs alll Lemmings to beat it.

Fun
2. Only floaters can survive this 100%
3. Tailor-made for blockers
7. Builders will help you here 100%
8. Not as complicated as it looks (DOS) (PSP) 100%
9. As long as you try your best (DOS) (PSP) 100%
10. Smile if you love lemmings (DOS) (PSP) 100%
11. Keep your hair on Mr. Lemming (DOS) (PSP) 100%
12. Patience (DOS) (PSP) 100%
14. Origins and Lemmings (DOS) (PSP) 100%
15. Don't let your eyes deceive you (DOS) (PSP) 100%
16. Don't do anything too hasty (DOS) (PSP) 100%
17. Easy when you know how (DOS Glitch)
19. Take good care of my Lemmings (DOS) (PSP) 100%
20. We are now at LEMCON ONE (DOS) (PSP) 100%
21. You Live and Lem (PSP) 100%
23. I've lost that Lemming feeling (PSP)             
24. Konbanwa Lemming san (DOS) (PSP) 100%
25. Lemmings Lemmings everywhere (DOS Glitch)
26. Nightmare on Lem street (DOS) (PSP) 100%
27. Let's be careful out there (DOS) (PSP) 100%
28. If only they could fly (DOS) (PSP) 100%
29. worra lorra lemmings (DOS Glitch) (PSP)
30. Lock up your Lemmings (PSP) 100%

Tricky
1. This should be a doddle! (DOS) (PSP) 100%
3. A ladder would be handy (DOS) (PSP) 100%
4. Here's one I prepared earlier (DOS) (PSP) 100%
5. Careless Clicking costs lives (DOS Glitch)
6. Lemmingology (DOS) (PSP) 100%
7. Been there, seen it, done it (DOS 100%) (PSP)
8. Lemming sanctuary in sight 100%
9. They just keep on coming (DOS) (PSP) 100%
10. There's a lot of them about (DOS 100%) (PSP)
12. Bitter Lemming (DOS) (PSP) 100%
13. Lemming Drops (DOS) (PSP) 100%
21. All the 6s (PSP) 100%
22. Turn around young Lemmings! (DOS) (PSP) 100%
24. Tightrope City (DOS) (PSP)
26. I have a cunning plan (DOS) (PSP) 100%
28. Lost something? (DOS Glitch)
29. Rainbow Island (DOS) (PSP) 100%

Taxing
2. Watch out, there's traps about (DOS) (PSP)
3. Heaven can wait (we hope!) (DOS) (PSP) 100%
4. Lend a helping hand.... (DOS Glitch)
9. Perseverance (DOS) (PSP) 100%
10. Izzie Wizzie lemmings get busy (DOS) (PSP) 100%
11. The ascending pillar scenario (DOS Glitch) 100%              
15. What an AWESOME level (DOS) (PSP) 100%
16. Mary Pop land (DOS) (PSP) 100%
17. X marks the spot (PSP)
18. Tribute to M.C.Escher (DOS) (PSP) 100%
20. Walk the web rope (DOS Glitch)
21. Feel the heat! (PSP) 100%
22. Come on over to my place (DOS) (PSP) 100%
23. King of the castle 100%
24. Take a running jump..... 100%
27. Call in the bomb squad (DOS Glitch)
28. POOR WEE CREATURES! (DOS) (PSP)

Mayhem
1. Steel Works (DOS) (PSP) 100%
2.The Boiler Room (DOS Glitch) (PSP)
6. One way or another (DOS) (PSP) 100%
10. Pillars of Hercules (DOS) (PSP)
14. Pea Soup (DOS) (PSP) 100%
15. The Fast Food Kitchen... (DOS)
17. Stepping Stones (DOS) (PSP) 100%
18. And then there were four.... (DOS) (PSP) 100%
25. Have a nice day! (DOS) (PSP) 100%
26. The Steel Mines of Kessel (PSP)
30. Rendezvous at the Mountain (DOS)

Special
1. Climb to victory 100%
2. Save the Lemmings with Floaters 100%
8. So near, so far 100%
17. Release is the word
30. The stairs are not floored 100%
31. Quickly now 100%
32. Gather round break away 100%
34. Born a blocker, die a blocker
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Undamged Levels
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 01:33:20 AM »
Fun 11, 12 are possible. 14 falls one builder short  :'( 16, 19, 20, 24, 26, 27, 28 are possible.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 03:24:28 AM »
You mean you went far in 14? I keep running out of too much stairs when climbing up the second pillar.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 10:56:32 AM »
I sent two athletes over, made one a blocker to turn the other, and built up. Unfortunately it takes 6 builders to get up from floor level and 3 to get up from the high bars -- that's a total of 21 and you only have 20.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 05:10:40 PM »
Tricky 1 3 4 6 7 9 10

Is Tricky 5 possible in the old version? I just noticed that the square terrain in the PSP will make the Lemmings fall on the water, while the one in the old version will make them land on the net.

If a level is possible on the PSP and yet not possible on the old version, then I will consider that level impossible, despite being beatable in the PSP.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 06:16:36 PM »
Tricky 5 is impossible in DOS -- with no terrain removal skills, you can't make the lemmings walk over the ceiling bar at all.

Tricky 12, 13, 22, 24, 26 are possible. 14 doesn't provide enough builders.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 07:56:21 PM »
Is Tricky 21 impossible in DOS? In the PSP it's beatable. I looked at the picture of "All the 6s" and it's looks like the third six on the right is close to the ceiling.

Taxing 2
I'll remove if not possible in DOS.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 08:39:18 PM »
On Tricky 21, you can't even get over the second six.

Taxing 2 is possible. So are 3, 10, 15, 16, 18, 23, 24 and, surprisingly, 27 by means of the sliding glitch. Does this work on the PSP?

(Apologies if I'm spoiling the fun of this challenge for you by going too fast....)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 09:07:36 PM »
Going fast is fine. It saves a lot of time, since this game has a lot of levels. I'm still gonna be testing the PSP version after you're done with DOS. I was thinking of putting a list in the first post showing which levels are possible in what version. Taxing 9 is possible in the PSP but it's really difficult. You'll need to destroy the edge of the stairs in a way that the Lemmings won't die from the height. What's the sliding glitch in Taxing 27?
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 09:22:31 PM »
Thanks for making me check Taxing 9 -- it's possible on DOS too.

Here's the sliding glitch in Taxing 27 in action.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 09:45:38 PM »
Mayhem: 1, 2, 6, 10, 14, 17, 18, 25

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 10:48:21 PM »
Fun 14 with 100% saved :)

edit: Fun 15, also with 100% saved :)

Fun 29 has already been done with blockers and builders only (sliding of course).

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 11:33:37 PM »
Nice work, Clam!  :thumbsup:

I think, for the complete list in the opening post, you should include levels where you can't use terrain destruction skills because the level doesn't give you any. These are Fun 2, 3, 7 and Tricky 8.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 12:00:12 AM »
The sliding glitch doesn't work in the PSP. A perfect vertical stair will become a wall before it reaches the ceiling, making the Lemmings turn around, after six builders. With a normal diangle stair, the Lemming will get stuck inside the wall. How do I open those irb files? I don't see it on the list when using Lemmix to open it. It's been a long time since I used Lemmix. I'll put those levels that doesn't give you destruction skills in bold.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 12:22:29 AM »
:agree: with Proxima's comment above, it saves us from looking up levels again only to find that they were trivial.

To open a replay in Lemmix, start the level and then press shift+r to open a menu where you can navigate to the replay file.

---

That word 'impossible' is like a red rag, I just can't help getting drawn in by it :D. I've solved Tricky 5, by using blockers to glitch through the thin walls. It's not that simple though: depending on how the terrain aligns with the 4x4 grids, they might go all the way through (the 2nd and 3rd walls conveniently allow this), or they might get stuck halfway through. If they get stuck, you can give them another 'push' by removing the blocker and assigning another one from the stuck group. And thanks to the generous supply of builders, you can do this without removing any of the original terrain. :)

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 12:45:33 AM »
Tricky 22, 26 (same as Fun 9) and 28 (sliding!) are done with builders only, and 24 with blockers and builders.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 01:23:39 AM »
I tested Fun 14 strategy and it works in the PSP too. I think I should put in the list that a level is beatable with the sliding.

How do you beat Taxing 3? I run out of builders when trying to delay the Lemmings.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 11:40:42 AM »
Taxing 3 with builders only. (Indeed, since I use only 20 builders, this works on Fun 16 as well.)

How did you solve Mayhem 2 on the PSP? That one also requires sliding, or so I thought....

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »
In Mayhem 2 you can build through the gray part of the cannon that shoots the flamethrower because the cannon sprite is too big, while the old version is small. This makes "Feel the heat" too easy because you can just use all four builders at the beginning to get all the Lemmings out and they will fall through the gray part of the cannon. This makes me think the PSP was rushed.

Edit:

Looks like Taxing 3 is possible in the PSP but requires a different strategy, and I don't really know how to make the Lemmings turn around by having two builders close to each other in this version. It could happen when I'm playing "I have a cunning plan" with a lot of Lemmings building close together.

Step 1: Make the first Lemming build to the exit

Step 2: Make the second Lemming bash the stair leading to the exit to create a ceiling then make him turn around by making him build and do the same with the other Lemmings, to prevent having two or more building to the exit. In the picture I ended up having two Lemmings building to the exit anyway but still beat the level.

Step 3: Make the second and third Lemmings build a stair wall and have the fourth one build to the terrain that's on the left side. When the Lemming that is building to the exit is close to home, bash through the stair wall.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 02:03:36 AM »
Did you guys test Taxing 15? I beat the PSP version of it and I went to play the DOS one and it's more harder because it has those spikes that makes you waste more stairs and the third dragon can turn a Lemming around. I almost beat the DOS version but the Lemming got turned around by a star, when I tried to build an a angle where I wouldn't touch one and ran out of builders. I forgot where the rewind button is in Lemmix.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 06:12:21 AM »
Solved Fun 25 using an extension of the block-through-walls glitch. Here I stacked builders to make walls, allowing blockers to push the lemmings through sections of the fences and web.

edit: and here's Taxing 4, using yet another variation on the same glitch. Here you can block to push lemmings into the wall, remove the blocker, and then block again to push the lemmings further across. And because the wall is steel, you can bomb away the blockers without destroying any terrain :).

---

Taxing 15 can indeed be done without damaging the level, using only builders. I can't find a replay anywhere (though it has been done for an earlier challenge), so I'll attach one here.

In Lemmix, you can restart by pressing r (the game remembers your moves unless you click to stop it), and use frameskip (space) to quickly get back to where you were.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 07:50:13 AM »
How were those discovered? :o Glitch or not, it's added to the list. I'll check if the Fun 25 works in the PSP but it looks hard to do. Especially when the PSP has no rewind. It only has fast forward. Of course this is obvious if you're playing the physical copy of a game, unless they add save state like in Sonic Mega Plus Collection. Did it only took one try? I'll be restarting the level a lot. :P
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 08:15:13 AM »
Does the glitch work at all on PSP? Try it out on Fun 6 (a task for blockers and bombers): gather up the lemmings between two blockers under the entrance, bomb one, and then block just before they reach the wall. If they won't go through, then the glitch doesn't work and these other solutions are impossible.

The basic block-through-walls glitch was discovered long before I found the forums - it's easily done by accident, especially on a level like Fun 6. Using it to get through the fences is something I just thought of today :). The steel variant, I'm not sure. And Fun 25 took many retries to figure out, maybe 20 minutes even with Lemmix's features.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 09:49:12 PM »
The glitch doesn't work. The Lemmings will always stay outside of the walls or steel and when you make one of the Lemmings that's in the crowd a blocker, the blocker will not push the Lemmings anywhere. They will all stay in the same spot. This is a good thing though. I don't have to worry about trying to do the Fun 25 thing without save states.

Fun 21 and Mayhem 26 is possible in the PSP, due to being able to walk on the ceiling.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 09:59:37 AM »
Here's Taxing 11 (The ascending pillar scenario). This barely works, and I pulled out a whole pile of tricks to get it done - the 6-builder wall introduced here, the build-dig-build turnaround, and the miner position glitch to turn around at the other end.

By the way, instead of marking sliding solutions specifically, you could tag solutions that use any glitch, as has been done for some other challenges. Also, Tricky 5 is marked as sliding, but it uses a different glitch, not sliding.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 06:10:27 PM »
What do you mean by tag? You want the list to have a link to the glitch? I checked the other topics and couldn't find what you mean.

Fun 30 in PSP can beaten by making the stairs thinner, by using digger then turn him back into a builder and repeat.

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 06:59:16 AM »
What do you mean by tag? You want the list to have a link to the glitch? I checked the other topics and couldn't find what you mean.

All I mean is write 'glitch' instead of 'sliding', 'block through walls' or whatever else. You can see how it's done in the one skill-type challenge for example. You could tag 100% solutions as well, but it takes some work.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »
I'm gonna have to go back to Fun 14 and 15, to see if it's possible to get 100%. I blew up the blocker just to beat it. I don't think levels that already requires 100% should be tagged with 100% though.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 12:31:57 PM »
Tricky 29 is pretty straightforward at least on DOS version; 2 builders suffice per each of the 3 traps, leaving you with enough to handle the crowd, even 100%.  Non-noteworthy replay attached anyway.  Any difference there on PSP version?

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 06:31:19 PM »
The PSP is the same. You can save 100% with the double stair wall. I'm trying to figure out how to beat "I have a cunning plan" in the PSP. It doesn't have the walls or ceiling. I came up with a strategy but it's hard to pull off.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 07:01:26 AM »
I managed to beat Tricky 26 in the PSP and it really wasn't easy and it took a lot of thinking to figure out. When it comes to beating a level without destroying the terrains in the PSP, this has to be the hardest one by far. I will post step by step with pictures on how the level was beaten, once I managed to do it again because the solution is very unusual. What's interesting (also annoying) is that the solution requires all 20 builders.

This is how the level looks like. No walls or ceiling on the edges to turn a builder around. It looks impossible at first sight.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »
Here's a DOS undamaged-level solution for Walk the Web Rope (Taxing 20), courtesy of the glitchy powers of the blocker as previously demonstrated by ClamSpammer.

Also, I have previously posted a 100% DOS solution for Taxing 22 using only builders and floaters, which would work for this challenge as well.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2012, 11:29:41 PM »
I now have the pictures that shows how the level was solved. It can takes hours just to beat it because I keep messing up.

1. When the level starts, build a stair wall that uses two builders to create a terrain that works like a free blocker, so the Lemmings won't get killed by the trap. Turn one Lemming on the right a builder, as soon as he turns around from the pillar.

2. After the builder on the right finish building and the crowd passes by, make one of the Lemmings on the left build stairs to the pillar and turn around and use two more.

3. Turn the Lemming that was building to the pillar a blocker, after he falls at the edge of the stairs.

4. Make one of the crowded Lemmings on the right a builder to close the gap, so they can reach the stairs above. Turn one Lemming into a blocker and as soon as one of them turns around, make him build over the pillar. Bash the stairs, so the crowded Lemmings won't get caught by the trap. Only two builders is needed to get over the trap on the pillar.

5. When the Lemming makes it over the trap and land on the pillar, make the crowd fix the stair, so they can all go home to the exit. Delay one Lemming with a builder.

6. Free the above blocker with a miner.

7. Make stairs on the edge of the left side of the one that was made earlier.

8. Send one Lemming to the exit by turning him into a builder on the destroyed stairs above, so he can turn around from it.

9. Dig through the stair and bash the one under the blocker to free him. Make the basher a builder to stop destroying the stairs immediately and turn around. Quickly turn the Lemming that was freed a digger and let him dig through the stairs until he makes a wall on the left that is big enough to make him turn around with a builder.

10. Turn the two last remaining around by making them build under the stair on the left side.

11. Do the same on the other broken stair.

12. That's the end of it.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 10:09:38 AM »
Oh my :o With no wall and no control features like Lemmix has, that's quite an effort. Great work! :thumbsup:

---

I had a reasonable go at Mayhem 8 (last one out is a rotten egg), but no success. Thanks to the awkward placement of terrain and steel grids, it takes all 5 blockers to glitch through the wall, plus most of your builders to get the blockers in the right places.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2012, 01:56:03 AM »
Oh my :o With no wall and no control features like Lemmix has, that's quite an effort. Great work! :thumbsup:

Good point, I have forgotten how much more painful it is to do these things w/o the features of Lemmix.  This harkens back to the dark old days ;P where I had to do the likes of Taxing 16 100% on DOSBox Lemmings :XD: :scared:.  (Actually that one was tolerable, but I'm sure there are worse examples that I don't remember offhand.)

===============

Mayhem
<snip>
8. Last one out is a rotten egg! (DOS Glitch)

I know it is a rare occurence when it comes to what Clam can do ;), but if you read carefully, in this case he actually said he could not made Mayhem 8 work even with using the glitch.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2012, 03:25:28 AM »
I miss read his post, thanks. Yeah the PSP Tricky 26 solution is hard to the point where even if you watch or read a walkthrough of it, you're still gonna end up restarting the level a lot. It's a good thing it's not the real solution to the level. The world will hate it. Replace the pillar with small steel terrains and make it look like a T. Make the brown terrains steel too. That's how the level would look like.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2012, 04:01:20 AM »
File another one under "seems okay on DOS; does it work on PSP?", I have confirmed Taxing 28 for DOS, no glitches.  It barely saves the required minimum of 56 out of 80 on DOS Lemmings, so I can see how timing differences can easily keep it from working on PSP.

Most of it is pretty straightforward so only one attached screenshot is enough to explain it.  Some key details below in spoilers:

- when you build left to get up onto the platform above the entrance trapdoor, bash as soon as you get high enough to do so non-destructively.   This avoids wasting time building steps that you don't need.

- The bridge under the entrance connects at 5 pixels under the top of the pillar on DOS Lemmings (6 pixels is the highest a lemming can walk up on DOS).  To make sure the builder stops exactly when enough steps are laid (so he doesn't turn around causing another loss of lemming), interrupt after first 10 steps with a basher and quickly assign back the builder, and you'll end up laying 34 steps instead of 36, and won't turn around.  You can also start building 2 more pixels to the right, and then you can complete the bridge slightly faster but finishing lower (ie. laying only 33 steps, with the step going up onto the pillar's top being 6 pixels tall instead of 5).

- There are ways to make the bridge reach higher in DOS, but I'm not sure with PSP game mechanics, whether it will work out without causing builder to turn around, or causing the bridge to connect too late to prevent losing another lemming

[edit: forgot to mention (although pretty well-known for DOS Lemmings), obviously you want to assign the floater as late as you can to minimize amount of time wasted on floating down slowly.  Not sure how that plays out in PSP]

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2012, 06:17:25 AM »
Okay, I can't help myself and took a look at Luis's PSP walkthrough on Youtube to see what Taxing 28 looks like on the PSP.  It's practically the same.  Also it is 70/100 on the PSP so you can lose up to 30 rather than just 24 like on DOS.

What really caught my eye though, was that Luis just uses a miner to get through the final trap.  I don't remember that as possible on DOS, but after some testing just now, I've found that it is possible on DOS also, provided you start mining at a very precise location.  Is it just me who remembered wrong, or is this news to other people?  Too bad that can't be used for this challenge.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 08:43:22 AM »
Lemmix has the wrong numbers. ??? I looked at the level properties for Taxing 28 in Lemmix and the number of Lemmings is set to 80 and 56 needs to be saved. Then I looked at the Encyclopedia and Planet Lemmings to see the original numbers for the old game and both of them have Taxing 28 with 100 Lemmings and 70 to be saved, just like the PSP. Mayhem 4 in the PSP has 50 Lemmings instead of 100, due to their walk speed being slower, so they can't make it to the exit in one minute, but there was no point in putting only 50 if their gonna add more time.

Taxing 28 is possible in the PSP. I turned the climber around by using a builder on the round terrain. I thought it would be faster, but I haven't test if building to the ceiling is better. The floater thing works here. I build the bridge the normal way to save enough and let the climber die, when he turns around. 71 Lemmings were saved.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »
Lemmix has the wrong numbers. ???
No, it's just that the Encyclopedia shows the stats from the Amiga version, whereas Lemmix is based on the DOS version. Both the DOS and Mac versions never have more than 80 lemmings on a level, and the number to be saved is reduced accordingly so that (on levels requiring up to and including 90%) the percentage rather than the number remains the same. (Above 90%, the Mac version keeps the number you're allowed to lose the same, e.g. Mayhem 15 is still lose-4, while the DOS version does this on some levels and inconsistently relaxes the requirements on others.)

Hmm, we need to look at those 100% tags. You can add it straight away to Fun 10, 16, 27 since their harder versions were solved (Taxing 22 does not require 100% on DOS, but ccexplore said that his solution is 100%, so that's all right) and to Fun 14, 15 since Clam achieved that. Fun 2, 7 are obvious. I'm sure Fun 19, 20, 24, 28 will be possible, so I'll check those. (EDIT: All confirmed.)

Fun 11 / Taxing 18 is an old, well-known (at least on these forums) challenge.

Got Fun 12 8) (Yes, I have Lemmix installed now :P -- ccexplore may have missed this news)

Tricky 22 100% is old news, but I hadn't done or watched it before, so I made a replay anyway :) (And this seems like as good a place as any to mention an anomaly in the records for this level. The "minimum skills for 100%" topic says 11, by ccexplore, so that's trustworthy. His replay uses 10 builders, 1 basher. The "skills you need for 100%" topic says 9 builders, but without a replay. ??? )

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2012, 02:22:05 PM »
(And this seems like as good a place as any to mention an anomaly in the records for this level. The "minimum skills for 100%" topic says 11, by ccexplore, so that's trustworthy. His replay uses 10 builders, 1 basher. The "skills you need for 100%" topic says 9 builders, but without a replay. ??? )

Not sure what happened to the 9-builder replay, I've attached it here.  It's still 11 skills total though because I needed to use the floater to delay a lemming.

===================

Back on topic, here's a glitch undamaged-level solution for DOS Fun 17, saving the minimum of 20/50.  It's not often that you see blockers (effectively) pulling in lemmings instead of the usual pushing away. :evil: ;P

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2012, 03:35:15 PM »
That Fun 17 replay was absolutely amazing! :o You certainly know how to get some lemmings out of a sticky situation.

I am just wondering if we should list some PSP Special Levels on this thread. I believe that the first two levels are possible, along with Level 8.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2012, 07:37:42 PM »
Here's Tricky 10 100%.

Tricky 3 is easy, 7 is guaranteed by the hard version, 8 (and Taxing 23) is possible because you get no terrain removal skills and the level is known to be 100%able, 12 is easy, 13 (and Mayhem 25) was solved 100% in the builders-only challenge, 26 requires 100%.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2012, 12:00:58 AM »
Solved Mayhem 30, nothing spectacular, but a decent builder-conservation challenge (suddenly 30 builders doesn't seem like much! :P)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2012, 05:10:52 AM »
I am just wondering if we should list some PSP Special Levels on this thread. I believe that the first two levels are possible, along with Level 8.

I'm more interested in the original levels right now. Maybe I'll do those after everything about the 120 levels has been discovered in this challenge.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 12:03:20 PM »
I think you should add the 100% tag to levels that require it -- for consistency with earlier challenges and because, like Clam's earlier point about the bold levels, it's a way of saying "this one's done, nothing more to do here".

Taxing 100% levels: 3 (required), 9 (required), 10 (direct drop glitch), 11 (required), 16 (previous challenge), 18 (previous challenge).

Mayhem 100% levels: 1 (previous challenge), 2 (previous challenge), 17 (easy; just place the blocker on a bridge, bash to release).

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 12:31:15 PM »
(Don't forget to put the 100% tag on Fun 19, 20, 24, 28.)

According to Clam's description of Taxing 11, it requires a glitch (miner positioning glitch) and should be tagged as such. That meant that glitch-free 100% on the easier version (Tricky 7) still needed to be confirmed. And here it is.

My 666th post  :thumbsup:

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 05:54:35 PM »
But Clam said to put all levels that needs a glitch to be tagged only "Glitch". How to 100 Mary Pop Land?
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2012, 06:30:18 PM »
That's what I meant -- you need to put "Glitch" on Taxing 11. I just mentioned that the miner positioning glitch is used, in case you wondered why the glitch tag is necessary. (Also, don't forget to tag Fun 25.)

Taxing 16 100% is done by the same technique I used in my Taxing 3 replay. How it works: one lemming steps off the previous builder's first brick and builds as close to the first builder as possible. At the correct release rate, before he can lay his brick, the first builder will have laid his second brick in place. Which, in the DOS version (it's been tested on the Mac and Genesis as well), is sufficient to trigger the builder's terrain check and have him turn round. I don't claim any credit for this -- ccexplore was the first to discover it -- but I hadn't done this challenge myself before, so I made a replay :) It turns out to be pretty tight -- if you set up the crowd control any further to the left, one bridge will go under the trapdoor and the rest of the lemmings will walk over it.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2012, 08:21:30 PM »
Even though I haven't contributed, I've enjoyed several replays so far.

Luis' idea for this challenge is great: straightforward, clearly defined, and it's proven surprisingly fruitful.

-- Simon

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2012, 02:21:27 AM »
I figured out a way to do that DOS trick, where you have two builders and one of them ends up getting turned around in the PSP.  :o The way to perform it is different. Make one Lemming build and let the second one walk pass the builder and as soon as he lands, make him build and he will touch the stairs above that the first builder is making and the second one will turn around. With this trick 100% in Mary Pop Land is possible in the PSP. I tried to do the same thing in Lemmix and the second Lemming doesn't turn around when he lands. He just keeps building.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2012, 08:51:19 AM »
Mayhem 15 is already done in the fewest skill types thread, using blockers and builders.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2012, 06:08:36 PM »
Fun 29 is possible in the PSP by walking on the ceiling. I think I should start the 36 special levels in the PSP that minimac wanted now.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2013, 08:46:12 PM »
I finally went back to try X-marks the spot again and it can be beaten by walking on the ceiling. In the PSP version, the only terrain that is above the entrance is a chain, that the Lemmings can walk into, and one of the chains has a hole and they can turn around from there and start walking on top of the level. At the beginning, make four Lemmings build over the gap. The goal is not to try to cross the gap, you're only building stairs that you can bash to create a wall, that can turn the Lemmings around. Let the Lemmings that were building over the gap die and build high above the entrance and reach the chain. 95 were saved.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Re: Undamaged Levels
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2013, 02:13:44 PM »
I discovered a solutions in Tricky 26 that saves three builders, instead of using all 20. This solution is slightly easier than the old one. I wondering if Tricky 26 can be done in DOS, without using the walls in the corners. That brown trap in DOS has a bigger trigger area than the PSP.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.