Author Topic: Was playing SMS Lemmings earlier...  (Read 1347 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Was playing SMS Lemmings earlier...
« on: January 29, 2011, 05:02:38 PM »
And I noticed something I didn't remember: A lot of the Fun/Tricky levels are significantly more restricted in terms of skills than on the PC version. It's most noticable on Tricky 4, Tricky 5 and Tricky 12, but there's also some other things like the lack of floaters in Fun 14. Then there's also the *very* challenging for their places Fun 22 and Tricky 14. I've heard quite a lot of comments about Mayhem being too easy in SMS, but until replaying now I've never noticed or heard that Fun and Tricky are quite a bit harder than in other versions.

...I still think though that they could've done so much more with Taxing 15 than simply a 20 of everything, though...
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
Re: Was playing SMS Lemmings earlier...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 07:39:02 PM »
I completely agree. Tricky 14 is incredibly out of place, as is Fun 22. I'd move Taxing 15 back to Fun 22, then move the other two levels further forward.

Taxing 15 was badly recreated for the SMS.. if they'd made the big drop larger than splat distance, and decreased the skills, it'd be more appropriate for the difficulty. I may try doing some edits to my SMS L++ levels to try and make them more appropriate.