Author Topic: N+  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
N+
« on: September 25, 2010, 02:28:53 PM »
Within the past couple of days I have recently been playing N+ which in my opinion, the game looks like a cross between Sonic and Lemmings. Lemmings in a way where you have to guide him to the exit (Even though there's only one of them around  :P) and Sonic in terms of the game looking like a side-scrolling platformer. You can create your own levels there too. (Which is what I like, creativity is the source of my brain)

Currently I have it on the Xbox Live Arcade (And was quite impressed with the new HD graphics) although I have seen the game being sold on other consoles too such as DS & PSP. If there is a game that brings creativity as well as action I think N+ fits the bill. Does anyone agree?
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: N+
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 02:25:24 AM »
Lemmings in a way where you have to guide him to the exit (Even though there's only one of them around  :P)

Well I don't have a game console for N+, but I was able to get some information on the game via Wikipedia.   It claerly states that you have direct control over the character's movements (ie. use left and right on the gamepad to move him around, for example).

So it's a ridiculous stretch to call it "Lemmings in a way".  By that loose criteria, both Mario and Sonic, as well as countless other platformers, would also count as "Lemmings in a way". :-\  I'm sure the game is fun and creative though.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: N+
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 09:38:24 AM »
Interestingly, I've also realised that during creation of levels, some of the terrain shapes looks exactly like the ones in Lemmings 2. :) We could compare the two and see which is similar, and which is different.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3