Author Topic: Bug in "Show Posts"  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Bug in "Show Posts"
« on: November 19, 2009, 10:49:37 PM »
When I go to "Show Posts" from another user's profile, and then click one of the options at the top (either Messages, Topics or Attachments), it switches over to my profile instead. This makes it impossible to browse topics started or attachments posted by other users. Is this a bug, or just the forum software trying to stop me being nosey?

And this part surely is a bug - if I'm not logged in when I try it, it comes up with this bizarre error message:

An Error Has Occurred!
The user whose profile you are trying to view does not exist.

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
Re: Bug in "Show Posts"
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 12:49:13 AM »
I just tried this, and it looks like a bug in the forum software.

Granted, these IS a new version of SMF available that might fix this, but they totally redid the theme system and removed this Classic theme from the main package so I'm afraid of it breaking the appearance of the site.  I'll have to run some experiments first.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Bug in "Show Posts"
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 07:26:53 AM »
When I go to "Show Posts" from another user's profile, and then click one of the options at the top (either Messages, Topics or Attachments), it switches over to my profile instead. This makes it impossible to browse topics started or attachments posted by other users. Is this a bug, or just the forum software trying to stop me being nosey?

Oh yes, I spotted that as well, forgot to mention it. ;) Thanks for letting me know anyways.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3