Author Topic: If all skill types are available, how many skillsets can you find?  (Read 4768 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Whew, hard to come up with a good topic name for this one.  Say every level gave you 8 of each skill.  Now, out of these 64 skills available, you can only use 8.  How many levels can you solve, with how many of each skill?
Now you get unlimited skills! Let's try to find all the possible combos of different skills, with the smallest numbers for each.!

Just Dig/Ozone friendly lemmings (works for both):
     1 basher
     1 digger
     1 miner
     4 bombers

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: If every level gave only any eight skills - Challenge, read for details -
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 04:04:05 AM »
Any particular reason you chose eight? You're going for fewest skills anyway, you may as well remove the limit so all levels can be included.

In fact, I did consider posting that very challenge at one point - least skills to beat each level with all types available.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
Re: If all skill types are available, how many skillsets can you find?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 04:06:02 AM »
Changed.  :)

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 04:09:36 AM »
The title's a tad misleading now. If the main objective is to find the fewest skills needed, shouldn't the title reflect this?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 04:41:16 AM »
So bascially this is minimum variety of skills, and as a secondary, minimum skills possible for each combination, with giving 99 of each skill? (or *truly* unlimited skills?)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 04:44:36 AM »
Honestly, I'm not sure what this is right now. My idea is essentially a derivative of the "least skills" (not "fewest types of skills") thread, with other skills available that in some cases would reduce the number needed. I don't know how combinations fit into this.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 04:47:36 AM »
So... just fewest skills possible if unlimited skills are given?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 04:51:52 AM »
More like as many skillsets as we can find that work, let's put it that way (and use minimum numbers for each ones as far as you know).  99 each.  Honestly, if a solution takes more than 99 of a certain skill, there is a problem.