Author Topic: 3D Lemmings  (Read 2489 times)

Offline danparker

• View Profile
    • danparker studios
3D Lemmings
« on: June 29, 2009, 08:04:25 PM »
Well, here is the 3D Lemmings thread. You can talk about the 3 dimentional lemmings game here. I really enjoyed it.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
Re: 3D Lemmings
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 10:25:29 PM »
I liked the game too, and in fact I even posted a list of my best scores on the old forums.  Unfortunately, most of the other posters here haven't touched the game in ages.  It appears we are in the minority in that regard.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 10:32:01 PM »
I still have the CD, but I can't get it to run. I can get to the menu screen but it freezes when I try to do anything else. I remember the gameplay being very slow, so I doubt I'd have the patience to play it anyway.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 03:58:51 AM »
<3

A great game.

However, it could've done with better level design. The only levels that were genuinely hard (as opposed to just being unpredictable through random springs/teleporters thus creating fake difficulty) IMO were "Critical Path" and "T'uther Circus Level", and even those two weren't /that/ hard.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 06:21:24 AM »
I think I've played it once, but I have not played recently, so I barely remember it.  I should play the game sometime again.  Although I do hate those levels that are not GENUINELY hard, which is why I hated Mario Kart Wii (though it was a little different from unpredictability, it was more of from Nintendo giving CPU opponents stronger power-ups and making them all target the human player at the same time just because either they were too lazy to do better, or that's the best artificial "intelligence" they could do).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 01:38:29 PM »
There are very few, if any, Lemmings 3D levels that are unfairly hard. The only one that instantly comes to mind is "The Catacombs".
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)