Author Topic: General Comings and Goings  (Read 152085 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: General Comings and Goings
« Reply #210 on: September 28, 2015, 08:25:54 AM »
Flat move is complete... now I might finally have time to "finish" that level pack of mine :8()::lix-smile:

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 20, 2015, 07:20:20 AM »
So today is exactly my 1 year anniversary here :)
After many years playing silently in the background "Derangement of Science" made me calling here for help ;P

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #212 on: October 20, 2015, 04:30:33 PM »
Having you around, it feels like it's been a couple weeks.

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #213 on: October 26, 2015, 02:37:03 AM »
I'll likely have no internet access on PC for the next few days. I will be able to access it on mobile, so I can post / take care of site issues etc, but I won't be present as much as usual.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #214 on: October 31, 2015, 02:04:06 AM »
I'm back to normal access now. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2015, 07:17:20 PM »
I'm off away on holiday in a few days time, and won't have internet access at the holiday house where I'm staying up til Xmas day.

Also: Xmas-ised my avatar :8():

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2015, 07:52:50 PM »
Enjoy your holidays!  (Will you still be in the southern hemisphere, or staying in someplace cold?)

And I'm quite tempted to take your updated avatar as a suggestion for a new smilie... *<8) 8-)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2015, 08:22:18 AM »
I'm at my hometown from now on until the end of the holidays, so I will be not quite as active as normal.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 26, 2015, 12:51:35 PM »
I'm currently writing from my new Linux (ubuntu) Laptop :)     which I spent on ~10h yesterday trying to get it running.

Apparently the new UFEI booting system (with WIN10) blocks linux systems entirely from booting, so I needed to downgrade the BIOS version (allowing that even to happen you need to save temporary files from a failed installation and change lines in a ~500lines document ) after that ubuntu still did not boot.........more changes in the BIOS were needed so that ubuntu is trusted in the UEFI booting system.
With this taking~8hrs I found out that my wifi card isn't supported yet in the ubuntu system.
With more googling around I found this site (on the 3rd google page :P):
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2304250
and finally even the wifi card is working now :)

Today another 30min was spent on getting WINE working with NL in the right resolution.
But now it seems the basics are finally working :laugh:

Also one of these awesome Lemming plushes were under my christmas tree :) :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #219 on: December 26, 2015, 02:47:33 PM »
Congrats on getting stuff running. The secure restrictive BIOSes, I haven't made my mind up how to feel about them. You will find a ton of info online, so disabling temporarily or downgrading is largely a matter of time.

Wifi cards need weird proprietary drivers, this is traditional. Love how getting Lemings to run is counted with the basics, like installing a driver for some hardwar needed daily.

-- Simon

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 29, 2015, 12:15:56 PM »
I'm back from my hometown vacation again. :)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 01, 2016, 09:09:27 PM »
Apparently the new UFEI booting system (with WIN10) blocks linux systems entirely from booting, so I needed to downgrade the BIOS version (allowing that even to happen you need to save temporary files from a failed installation and change lines in a ~500lines document ) after that ubuntu still did not boot.........more changes in the BIOS were needed so that ubuntu is trusted in the UEFI booting system.

Most such PCs should have an option in UEFI to disable secure boot.  While I can't 100% guarantee it's the case for your particular laptop, I strongly suspect you might have taken more steps than necessary in dealing with the boot issue. Oh well, at least you got things working eventually.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 02, 2016, 01:14:23 AM »

Most such PCs should have an option in UEFI to disable secure boot.  While I can't 100% guarantee it's the case for your particular laptop, I strongly suspect you might have taken more steps than necessary in dealing with the boot issue. Oh well, at least you got things working eventually.

Sadly disabling secure boot did not solve the problem (read about this as well), but yes I eventually got it working :P

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 25, 2016, 08:37:55 AM »
I'm at my hometown again over the weekend. So a bit less activity :)

I "try" to start playing the contest level from my laptop, when the playing phase starts though (I simply can't wait ;P)

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2016, 07:03:02 PM »
Going to leave for Rome tomorrow! Or tonight, pretty much, got to get up quite early to get the bus to Düsseldorf at 5 AM :P
I'm going with my entire class (sans my best friend who has to play in a musical :\ (the musical is amazing, but it's a shame it and the Rome journey fall together)), and I'll be back in about 10 days :) (the trip is only 9 days, but when I get back, I think I'll be incredibly tired so I won't get onto lemmingsforums right away :P)