Author Topic: NLEditor - a new file-type NeoLemmix editor - Test version  (Read 22585 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: NLEditor - a new file-type NeoLemmix editor - Test version
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2017, 11:12:20 PM »
When you turn off object rendering they dissapear but you can still select objects (which you can't see). Same for terrain. I'm assuming this is a glitch. If it's not a glitch: this is bad. This is certaintly not helpful and don't see a benefit to this. When terrain or X gets not rendered it shouldn't be selectable.
This is a bug and will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for reporting.

Also: is there no delete option? [delete terrain etc?]
Yes there is: Either via the menu tab "Edit -> Cut" or via the hotkey "Ctrl+X".

Just to be clear; when you cut is this data copied to your clipboard?
I assume that if I cut multiple times (without pasting) only the last thing is remembered to be pasted.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 08:08:29 PM »
Just to be clear; when you cut is this data copied to your clipboard?
I assume that if I cut multiple times (without pasting) only the last thing is remembered to be pasted.
Essentially yes. But the editor doesn't actively use the clipboard (mainly because I didn't know how to access it at the time when I was coding this), and instead saves the data internally. This does indeed only remember the very last deletion (which may have removed one or several pieces), so Paste (Ctrl+V) only works to revert one deletion. If you accidentally deleted multiple times, you have to use Undo (Ctrl+Z) to readd them one by one.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2017, 05:08:56 PM »
Updated the editor to version 0.8. See the first post for the download link.

Changes:
- New feature: Rotating and inverting traps, fire and water objects is possible now. Rotating and inverting decoration is still possible.
- Fixed bug: The editor no longer overwrites the player settings file. When the player settings file location changed, I had to update one file path in the editor, too. Unfortunately I changed the wrong one for version 0.7... :-[
- Fixed bug (found by möbius): If display of terrain/object pieces has been disabled, they can no longer be selected.
- Minor UI improvements.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2017, 11:32:24 PM »
I have a request/suggestion, this was initially brought up byt LLJP or whats-his-name in his program;

a button that inserts terrain randomly onto the level or mixes up the terrain. This is to give you ideas if you're trying to make a level and have writer's block.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2017, 05:29:18 PM »
a button that inserts terrain randomly onto the level or mixes up the terrain. This is to give you ideas if you're trying to make a level and have writer's block.
I am not a fan of this suggestion myself, as I have doubts whether such a button will actually turn out useful. And at the moment there are bigger fish out there to catch, that this.

Anyway, I have a new version 0.9 for you. Please see the first post for the download link. Changes are:
- Fixed bug (found by möbius): Error when trying to rotate (via hotkey) when no piece is selected.
- Removed support for slowfreeze and triggered animation objects.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2017, 03:44:44 PM »
I messed up with V0.9: You cannot add any tiles as long as you haven't set a background. :lem-shocked: I uploaded a hot-fix version 0.10.

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2017, 06:28:09 PM »
I just noticed that the about window doesn't fully show the license. (see attachment for pic)
It's a very minor thing, but should still be fixed. :P

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2017, 06:31:32 PM »
Thanks. It does show everything on my computer with Windows 7, probably because I use a far thinner top bar than you do. This probably means that I have to completely change the way I determine the height of my forms...

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2017, 05:01:53 PM »
I've been messing around with the editor and came up with a quick suggestion that would make the level building process a bit more fluid (at least for me):
Allow the user to scroll the tiles/objects bar with a mousewheel. Clicking the left/right arrows manually can get very tiresome overtime.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2017, 04:38:24 PM »
Sorry for responding only now. Currently the mousewheel is bound to zooming in and out of the level, which I consider important enough to keep there.
I am not sure how else to make scrolling through the tiles bar faster. I already implemented right-click on the buttons for very fast scrolling and "shift+arrow key" as a hotkey.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2017, 04:25:49 AM »
Hi, I finally started using the new NLEditor but it seems like I'm having some trouble with the NeoLemmix player. Every time I try to play a level I get an error that says:

TBaseDosAnimationSet: Error while opening scheme.nxmi

I made sure that I downloaded everything and that everything was in its proper place but nothing seems to work. The file in question, from the directory where I have my NeoLemmix player: styles > default > lemmings > scheme.nxmi

Thanks.

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2017, 08:50:56 AM »
Nepster found the bug yesterday and has uploaded a hotfix:
http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=3423.0
It's in the last post. :D

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2017, 09:01:08 PM »
Thanks Raymanni, that worked. I uploaded the hotfix into the NeoLemmix player download on the server, but I guess I forgot to do it on my side.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2017, 05:19:51 PM »
IchoTolot wants the following additions to the editor:
1) Hotkey "del" to delete pieces.
Will be added.
2) Info about the coordinates of the current selection. Perhaps even with the ability to edit?
I will add the display of the coordinates somewhere. I am not sure whether I want to allow editing the coordinates, as I deem this less useful and it clutters the editor even more.
3) Info about the size of the current selection.
Here I am unsure as well. This seems to me far less useful to know.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2017, 03:49:17 PM »
Version 1.1 released, cf. first post for download links.

Changes:
- If you have selected pieces, their coordinates are displaced at the bottom right corner of the level image.
- Added delete hotkey and updated hotkey descriptions.
- Fixed bug: The editor now warns about unsaved levels, even when the last action was to play-test the level.
- Fixed bug: Selecting pieces or changing options do no longer make the level image wriggle around on certain zoom factors.
- Changed preplaced lemmings to be displayed over terrain by default, i.e. not longer using "no-overwrite".
- Added some more code to detect exceptions and avoiding concurrency issues on user input.
- Fixed setting sizes of the hotkey/about pages, so that Raymanni may read everything :)

PS: I will release a full player update today, too, which also contains the new player version. So no need to download the editor from here, if you are going to update everything later on.